• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and he hit a 3 run homer in his first AB.

Ha! Good for him.

Ahhhright.

Just found a Bluejays blog I can love:

djfshitty.jpg

http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/

'So, while I have nothing personal, so to speak, against Burnett, as I do with Alex Rodriguez or Jonathan Papelbon, I am going to exercise my full right as a fan to voice my displeasure at a player I used to cheer for.

Fucking suck it, Burnett.'

Wow, what an a-hole. I hope Nathans wins the suit against him:

"He's never called me," Nathans says. "He's never apologized to me. He's never had any correspondence with me. He snapped, and unfortunately I'm the one that has to live with his decision."

Offerman told the Associated Press that he never targeted Nathans.

"If he got hit, it was because he tried to run behind me and take the bat, and that was an accident," he said.

Guest Francis X. Hummel
"If he got hit, it was because he tried to run behind me and take the bat, and that was an accident," he said.

that's the line that got to me. i think it's possible for a good person to lose it and do something bad, but to feel no remorse - and even try to spin/shake off the blame - that's pathetic. he's a dick.

"If he got hit, it was because you intended to hit someone else, and that, my friend, is transferred intent" replied the judge.

Sucks that J-Off was part of the 1999 Red Sox, one of my favorite Sox teams.

Karma, man. He was way overpaid then and now he's got to cough up a chunk of that to someone he messed-up big-time. If it hadn't been for Nathans, Beech could have been killed.

hey bobbob- was at the Brewers Marlins game last night. Koronka started well, throwing change ups and fooling the brewers but eventually they figured it out and hit the guy good especially Fielder.

The Marlins have good offense but the pen wasnt impressive. But with Nolasco and Johnson on the hill the next two days, result could favor your way.

During Saturday's Red Sox-Rays broadcast, FOX had Carlton Fisk in the booth. Since Dick Stockton was also in the booth, the discussion led to game 6 of the '75 World Series (Stockton famously called Fisk's game winner that night "if it stays fair...homerun!"). Then Fisk said something I'd never heard before: that Stockton met his future wife that day. Now that in itself doesn't mean a thing to me, but it reminded me of the scene in Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams says he missed his opportunity to see game 6 (slid his ticket to his friends and said he had to see about a girl) because he met his future wife that day. Pretty cool - I wonder if Matt & Ben knew about that when they were writing the story.

hey bobbob- was at the Brewers Marlins game last night. Koronka started well, throwing change ups and fooling the brewers but eventually they figured it out and hit the guy good especially Fielder.

The Marlins have good offense but the pen wasnt impressive. But with Nolasco and Johnson on the hill the next two days, result could favor your way.

Our offense has been in a rut for a while, hanleys the only one doing anything. I'm not worries, because we have guys with track records, but it's been frustrating as hell.