• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figures the Moonie paper would be 36 years late with a story.

Oh, and I hope Ollie Perez likes wings, because his ass is headed to Buffalo. Dude either needs Ritalin or to have not been allowed to pitch (or not pitch, to be more precise) for Mexico in that accursed World Baseball Classic bullshit.

It was actually 32 years late (2005)--well, actually, it's a revisiting/followup story. I hadn't read it before.

Fair enough. So, you do think he will leave St. Louis?

Actually, maybe. The Cardinals should put up the dough for him, but who can say.

So, who thinks Pujols will end up in Boston in 2012?

God, I hope not. I don't hate anybody quite like I hate the Red Sox (well, excepting the Cubs). I would think the Cardinals would do all they can, but I'm not sure if they can do enough compared to teams like both New Yorks/Boston/LA. I'm kind of hoping that his deep ties to the community keep him there for less money, but I'm scared to death about the whole thing already. No matter what happens, it's going to be interesting.

I have a hard time imagining that the Cards don't have enough money to give Pujols what he wants. I understand that they are on a different level than the NY/Boston/LA markets, but the Cards are not cash poor. And that team cannot lose him. Pujols is not going anywhere.

I have a hard time imagining that the Cards don't have enough money to give Pujols what he wants. I understand that they are on a different level than the NY/Boston/LA markets, but the Cards are not cash poor. And that team cannot lose him. Pujols is not going anywhere.

Pujols very well may go somewhere. It's always about the biggest pay day in the end.

Pujols very well may go somewhere. It's always about the biggest pay day in the end.

Yeah, my point was that I think the Cards will find the cash to keep him. I didn't mean to suggest that he'd stay for a hometown discount.

Speaking of Pujols, I am getting to the point where I am just about ready to say that he is the best hitter I have ever seen.

Dude is unreal.

I was looking at some stats earlier today, and noticed he's only struck out 510 times in 4600+ AB.

Verlander actually won a game. The Yankees look terrible.

Verlander actually won a game. The Yankees look terrible.

I really hope one of you guys was watching the mlb network just 20 minutes ago...

on mlb tonight (live) they showed a clip of Hawpe getting nailed with the ball in the back of the neck...

After the whole clip was over one of the guys says, "go back to that clip please i thought i recognized somebody in that shot"

"is that donovan mcnabb helping him?"

"No.."

"I thought that was Donovan McNabb as an EMT walking him onto the stretcher"

"Dude..."..."Seriously?"

"They are yelling 'we are live' in my ear..."

so funny...the guy was dead serious he thought McNabb was an EMT in colorodo....im still laughing my ass off...the people around him at the table couldn't tell if he was serious...

Somebodies got to post this shit online somewhere.

Hey, we won a game!

And if you get the chance, do watch tomorrow's Mets-Marlins game at 1. Johnson vs Santana. Two of the best pitchers in the NL right now, and last time they got together it was beauty.

Hey, we won a game!

And if you get the chance, do watch tomorrow's Mets-Marlins game at 1. Johnson vs Santana. Two of the best pitchers in the NL right now, and last time they got together it was beauty.

bobbob, get your ass on a plane and meet me at CitiField. I am scheming to get out of work here. We can get two tickets.