For those of you who dont pay attenion to the NL Central, the St. Louis Cardinals are scary good. i can see them keeping up this type of dominant play until it gets cold out. Scary good.......swept the Mets, looking to sweep the Cubs. oh boy.

barring injury, this team looks like the best in NL right now. (even without Carpenter.) ouch.

Sorry Cubs, sorry Brewers, Reds, etc.....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who dont pay attenion to the NL Central, the St. Louis Cardinals are scary good. i can see them keeping up this type of dominant play until it gets cold out. Scary good.......swept the Mets, looking to sweep the Cubs. oh boy.

barring injury, this team looks like the best in NL right now. (even without Carpenter.) ouch.

Yeah, it is way too early to start speculating, but if their pitching holds up, they are going to be tough to beat (though those two teams you mentioned aren't playing at even half the level they're capable of).

Guest Hollinger.

Yeah... the Cardinals have been winning, but having seen probably half their games so far, I wouldn't describe them as anything close to dominant. Beware the small sample sizes, April isn't even over.

Ah, I remember when this was the marlins (5 days ago.)

Will someone remind me I'm not supposed to be enjoying these Red Sox -Yankees games because they're too long/too much offense or whatever? Thanks, because I completely forgot not to enjoy the games yesterday and Friday.

i think it is partially because no one cares about the Red Sox Yankees rivalry outside of Boston and New York. That and it is just about money anyway. Additionally, we're supposed to feel bad because better baseball teams could be on the TV instead of these two. You know, like Padres and the Pirates...

Will someone remind me I'm not supposed to be enjoying these Red Sox -Yankees games because they're too long/too much offense or whatever? Thanks, because I completely forgot not to enjoy the games yesterday and Friday.

OMG Galileo called and wanted me to tell you the northeastern part of the US isn't the center of the universe! LOL (ur a pud)!

i think it is partially because no one cares about the Red Sox Yankees rivalry outside of Boston and New York. That and it is just about money anyway. Additionally, we're supposed to feel bad because better baseball teams could be on the TV instead of these two. You know, like Padres and the Pirates...

On Friday I got two tickets in the mail for a Rockies/Padres game in San Diego this July. I wonder if they'll play Sox games on the jumbotron upon request...

I bet seeing someone steal home (in person) would be right up there with an inside the park HR in terms of exciting plays. Last year at a Nats game I saw neither of these, but I did see some dude in the mezzanine level take a foul ball right off his dome while he was carrying a couple of beers and drop like a stone. Pretty exciting in a "christ I think that guy just got killed" kinda way. He was alright, but when he finally got up he had stitch marks on his head (a la Gerry Cheevers).

I bet seeing someone steal home (in person) would be right up there with an inside the park HR in terms of exciting plays.

Watching it at home I almost plotzed - I can't imagine what it would be like in person.

Guest Jules
Jules was going to Fenway today with a friend or brother in law or something. I wonder if he had a good time.

Good lord. There were 6 of us. Needless to say, we had a blast. I've been to a decent number of MLB parks, and Fenway is by far my favorite.

Man, why aren't more people talking about Zack Greinke? Going back to last year, 43 straight innings without allowing an earned run, and just 1 unearned run in that stretch.

I've been a big fan of his for a few years now and I always rooted for him to get his stuff straight back when he almost fell out of baseball, so I'm really happy to see what he's doing right now.

Figures the Moonie paper would be 36 years late with a story.

Oh, and I hope Ollie Perez likes wings, because his ass is headed to Buffalo. Dude either needs Ritalin or to have not been allowed to pitch (or not pitch, to be more precise) for Mexico in that accursed World Baseball Classic bullshit.

So, who thinks Pujols will end up in Boston in 2012?

Not me, as I predict he will be on the Mets.