• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they keep showing this one Nats fan on the Marlins broadcast and he's just so sad...

photo.jpg

They've literally shown this guy every 4 minutes since the 6th inning.

For a smart guy, he did something pretty stupid yesterday.

I didn't realize it was because he was doing charity work. That is quite dumb.

11-1.

I can't remember EVER a team having a lead going into the 9th in all three games of a series and losing each game. That can't have ever happened, right? The Marlins are just unbelievable right now. Wow.

Not to take anything away from the Marlins' accomplishments, but it should be noted that they have done this against the Nationals, and consequently have trailed in the ninth inning in three consecutive games to the worst team in the history of forever.

Not to take anything away from the Marlins' accomplishments, but it should be noted that they have done this against the Nationals, and consequently have trailed in the ninth inning in three consecutive games to the worst team in the history of forever.

Yes, i have to agree. It isn't that the Marlins are just so freaking good, it is because the Nats are really that bad in the clutch. Sorry Bobbob but I think even you know its true.

Yes, i have to agree. It isn't that the Marlins are just so freaking good, it is because the Nats are really that bad in the clutch. Sorry Bobbob but I think even you know its true.

Oh sure, the Nats suck, and we should've handled them. But a win is a win.

And being 11-1 and having swept 3 series, two of those on the road and taking 2/3 from the Mets, I'm not worried about this team. I've been saying we're going to surprise some people, and I stand by it.

Goose Gossage-style, Brewers RP Todd Coffey 8 out save, 2.2 innings to hold off the talented Mets. woo hoo!

That was pretty great. I don't know what this year's bullpen would do without Coffey. Hoffman is not really the answer, but he can't get healthy fast enough.

Can the D.C.-Baltimore-N. Va. area REALLY support two pretty hopeless franchises? Jeebus, they could have stayed in Montreal and sucked this bad.

Guest Hollinger.

Well, the casualties of the Nats awful start are pitchers Wil Ledezma, Steven Shell and Saul Rivera, along with catcher Josh Bard. Being replaced on the roster by pitchers Jay Bergmann, Kip Wells, Garrett Mock and Jordan Zimmermann. Zimmermann is the future ace who was just being stashed in AAA until they needed a fifth starter. Bergmann and maybe Mock should have made the team to begin with. Kip Wells has no business in major league baseball, and Rivera is likely a better bet going forward, but the Nats needed to blame someone. I'm guessing thats the move that gets reversed before long.

Oh sure, the Nats suck, and we should've handled them. But a win is a win.

And being 11-1 and having swept 3 series, two of those on the road and taking 2/3 from the Mets, I'm not worried about this team. I've been saying we're going to surprise some people, and I stand by it.

Oh yeah, 11-1 is 11-1, definitely.

http://www.charitywines.com/Chicago.html

buehrle150.jpg

Mark Buehrle Presents...

\\\"Buehrlot\\\"

2007 Merlot, San Martin, California

Benefiting Hope Rescues Animal Shelter

The color of this wine is intense-deep ruby purple. Aromas of ripe plums, smoky berry fruits and spice. Juicy red currant flavors on the entry, followed with rich, red cherry, black cherry and blackberry flavors extending to the mid-palate. A long finish with spicy oak and velvety fruit. Soft, lush and colorful!

Proceeds from the sale of Mark Buehrle\\\'s \\\"Buehrlot\\\" supports the Hope Rescues Animal Shelter in Alton, Illinois. The organization rescues animals on their last day of life from animal control facilities that continue to use the gas chamber.

To learn more about Hope Rescues, please visit http://www.hoperescues.com

Can the D.C.-Baltimore-N. Va. area REALLY support two pretty hopeless franchises?

They probably can. But, really, what did you expect--the Expos aren't going to magically stop being the Expos when you take them out of Canada. That franchise will take some time to build, particularly because they don't really have any sort of history of winning.

The O's are still a proud franchise with a deep-rooted fanbase. Yeah, the fans are disgruntled as hell and have been staying away from the park in droves out of protest in recent years (nobody wants to line Angelos' pockets anymore)--but (I can vouch for this) they are still out there following along with every excruciating loss and remain hungry for a return to form. And for the first time in ages, it doesn't feel that far off. It might still be a couple years off, but at least we've finally got some farm talent to drool over--that's a major improvement over the last decade and a half.

If/when the O's resurgence happens, it will be interesting to see the impact on the Nats. Most baseball fans in DC grew up with the O's. Yes, they are glad to finally have a team they can fully call their own in DC, but I would imagine there are still a lot of divided loyalties. It would be interesting to see what happens if one team or the other got hot while the other remains in the cellar. Luckily, I don't think we have to worry about that yet this year. :P

The Nats should have a very nice rotation as soon as this September if they draft and sign Strasburg and the rest of their young pitchers turn out good. Bowden sucks though, I said it before the season that their lineup was awfully constructed. They've got pieces to compete, but the pitching isn't there yet. Let's see what Jordan Zimmerman can do.

The Nats just gave Ryan Zimmerman a 5 year contract extension for 45 million, and while it's probably good value, he's really dropped off since his rookie year, and he never really progressed yet. Of course, he's still just 24, but I'd say the Orioles are in slightly better shape, as they're going to have two franchise cornerstones in the field in Markakis (Just signed a 6 year contract for 66 million, that's gonna be great value) and Wieters coming up in June or so. The Nats may be better equipped as far as pitching goes, but I think I'd rather base my team off two legitimate top 5 talents for their position than what the Nats have. They really don't have much in the way of position players in the minors as far as I know, and their major league roster is a mess.

[quote name='H