The Brewers havent been on SNB since 1997 and based on their pitching performances tonight it will probably be another 12 years until they get on again.

Well Jeff Tweedy is pitching for you now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank the beisbol gods for characters like Manny: a hitting machine + laffs. How can you hate that?

he doesn't respect the game he doesn't respect the team is is currently playing for. Be it now, be it that disgrace of the play he called the first part of last season with the Red Sox. You can be a character and still respect the game (ie Ryan Dempster). But show some respect.

I was concerned that Carlos Quentin's wrist injury might diminish his power. Apparently not.

Yeah, he is off to a great start, right where he left off before his injury last year. Today was a bit ugly (Floyd's pitching) but they won and this is pretty cool, too.

DETROIT -- Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko reached personal milestones in the second inning of Monday's series opener at Comerica Park, via back-to-back home runs off Detroit starter Zach Miner.

The back-to-back part wasn't historic, but the fact that both players reached 300 home runs for their career with the respective blasts represents a true baseball oddity.

he doesn't respect the game he doesn't respect the team is is currently playing for. Be it now, be it that disgrace of the play he called the first part of last season with the Red Sox. You can be a character and still respect the game (ie Ryan Dempster). But show some respect.

I can respect that - I got tired of his onfield antics with Boston last year. But now that he's gone, he's back to being one of the dudes who brought 2 WS rings to this town, so long attention span be damned!

RIP Mark Fidrych!

Oh crap! LOVED that guy when I was kid.

Awful, awful day - and week - for baseball. RIP Harry and Mark. Saw him start the 76 All-Star Game at the Vet. I was in the 700 level, but I could still see him talking to the ball (didn't help, Rose ripped a leadoff triple).

Awful, awful day - and week - for baseball. RIP Harry and Mark. Saw him start the 76 All-Star Game at the Vet. I was in the 700 level, but I could still see him talking to the ball (didn't help, Rose ripped a leadoff triple).

This has just been the shittiest two weeks in recent baseball memory. First a young dude, now a broadcaster and an older dude. Has there been any worse 1-2 week span?

Fidrych was a character. There was certainly a lot of hype around him and he was fun to watch pitch. Oddly, that '76 season was his only decent season. He tore his rotator cuff the following season and that was pretty much the end of his career.

Orlando Hudson hit for the cycle today....

be it that disgrace of the play he called the first part of last season with the Red Sox.

I wish all players would disgrace the game to a .926 OPS.

Manny is one of my all time favorites. He is one of the few guys in the game that looks like he truly has fun when he plays, and he's a joy to watch. He's also one of the best pure hitters of his or any time, and despite his reputation, is an extremely hard worker at perfecting his craft.

Plus, he high fived a dude on the stand while making a catch and then made a double play. You have to be insanely aware to be able to pull that off.

Guest Hollinger.

Yeah, anyone who thinks that Manny isn't the hardest working player in baseball doesn't know much about him. He's just so fucking good that everything he does looks effortless. They guy spends more time working on his swing than anyone else in baseball, he works his ass off to get himself into tremendous shape. He may seem aloof, but anyone that accuses him of not trying should be accused of not paying attention.

I would LOVE to have Manny playing for the Mehts. Then maybe they would not be so meh.

Yeah, anyone who thinks that Manny isn't the hardest working player in baseball doesn't know much about him. He's just so fucking good that everything he does looks effortless. They guy spends more time working on his swing than anyone else in baseball, he works his ass off to get himself into tremendous shape. He may seem aloof, but anyone that accuses him of not trying should be accused of not paying attention.

So what was the first half of last season?

He is a tremendous talent and a great hitter and I am sure a hell of a nice guy. But look, the first half of last season was down right shameful. He didn't get what he wanted so he was a baby and the Sox's where forced to get ride of him because he was bringing down their team. Manny thought he was bigger then the team, and Manny thinks he is bigger then game at times.

"Manny being Manny" is a ridiculous phrase, and is thrown around as an excuse for Manny acting disrespectful. He plays for the Dodgers, you don't talk about I wanna play for this team or that team, you talk about what team you are playing for now, and when our contract is up and you are free agent then do so. If I was a Dodger fan I would be pissed, because he is not focused on the Dodgers he is focused on himself. You want to be an Indian, great, kept your stupid "free agent" plans to yourself and your friends. If you want to be an Indian maybe you should have though about that over the winter and you were a free agent, instead of trying to position yourself with the biggest paycheck possible.

Yes baseball is all about the money and team loyalty is not what it once was, but ball players play for a team and its fans. From what I have seen of Manny last season shows me he does not respect either one.