No TV for tonight's game because the Marlins decided starting the game at 6:25 to accommodate a post game concert by Pitbull and Flo Rida is more important than letting your regional fans watch the game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Minaya was the best GM in baseball to many a Mets fan.

Obviously, that was prior to 2007 and 2008. He has not been all bad (Santana) but for the sake of fuck, developmentally disabled rocks could tell Castillo was done.

Obviously, that was prior to 2007 and 2008. He has not been all bad (Santana) but for the sake of fuck, developmentally disabled rocks could tell Castillo was done.

He's definitely hit a cold spell. The first two years he was as close to perfect with his trade and signings as a GM can get (and I'm not talking about the big signings). The last two years have been the complete opposite. It's the nature of the job. Remember when Sabean was considered one of the elite GMs? Recently he has made a bunch of awful signings.

Glad to see my post lit a fire under Castillo!

Scratch that - Castillo is back to sucking.

Scratch that - Castillo is back to sucking.

It's not really his fault he is sorely misused in that lineup. His high on base, no slugging style is a perfect fit for the leadoff spot. He had basically the exact same OBP as "Best Leadoff Hitter in the History of the World" Jose Reyes last season. Stick him there and let him hit .250 and get on base at the same rate as Reyes.

I love Jon Miller's voice, Joe Morgan is a pompous ass (IMHO), and I feel like I want to like Steve Phillips, but he is a giant gas bag too. :chatterbox

SNB announcers kinda blow.

Morgan's a d-bag. Sorry.

Anyone? A week in?

DUDE... Soriano is on pace for 81 lead-off home runs! This is the Cubs year boys.

3, yes THREE runs WALKED in by the Brewers in the 4th, Cubs up 4-1. f-u 101 yrs.

Edit: make that 4 runs walked in 5-1 Cubs

Anyone? A week in?

I was saying the same things before the season started, and I'm not going to change my tune when we go 5-1 and get 5 stellar performances from our starters.

Josh Johnson has a career 3.45 ERA, and did you see him today? Ok, he might not be Tim Lincecum, but I'd say he's as good or better than more than half of the teams in baseball's no. 1 starter.

"It was just one mistake that he made, [and it] cost us the whole ballgame,"

Man, that's kind of a dick move to throw a 24 year old kid under the bus like that. Not that he's wrong, but you don't usually see guys say it like that.

I was saying the same things before the season started, and I'm not going to change my tune when we go 5-1 and get 5 stellar performances from our starters.

Josh Johnson has a career 3.45 ERA, and did you see him today? Ok, he might not be Tim Lincecum, but I'd say he's as good or better than more than half of the teams in baseball's no. 1 starter.

Man, that's kind of a dick move to throw a 24 year old kid under the bus like that. Not that he's wrong, but you don't usually see guys say it like that.

It is "something" that the M's are able to field winners as often as they do considering their finances. They will be a contender, imho, all year. Although, I still hold grudge from '03. Goddammit, that shouldv'e been our year... really.

Anyone? A week in?

Credit where it's due - dude pitched a great game today.

Murphy should be playing in the infield, say, second base.