Beckett suspended for 6 games and fined for allegedly throwing at Abreu's head the other night. If anyone saw this, Abreu had called time out in the middle of Beckett's wind up and Beckett let the ball sail (as he's supposed to do). Also cited were "aggressive actions" by Beckett, I'm assuming for Beckett coming off the mound after Abreu threw his arms up and started jawing at Beckett:

http://www.seattlepi.com/baseball/2010ap_b...uspensions.html

I know I hate the Red Sox, but did Beckett have to come down from the mound when the ump and Tek were already in front of him?

Not saying he should've been suspended, just placing the blame for the benches clearing on him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I hate the Red Sox, but did Beckett have to come down from the mound when the ump and Tek were already in front of him?

Not saying he should've been suspended, just placing the blame for the benches clearing on him.

I hear you and I believe this is the crux of the suspension and fine (though MLB did state that they thought he intentionally threw near Abreu's head). Although Abreu ran his mouth and gestured a 'wtf/come on" type thing, Beckett did move towards home and off the mound.

Also, Scioscia was not fined for approaching Beckett/the mound. Or Speir for that matter. Just seems a little one-sided and excessive, is all.

It's hard to imagine Beckett trying to aim at Abreu's head on an interrupted pitch as he turns to face and throw while already in motion, too.

Also, Scioscia was not fined for approaching Beckett/the mound. Or Speir for that matter. Just seems a little one-sided and excessive, is all.

In addition, Watson fined Angels manager Mike Scioscia and players Torii Hunter and Justin Speier.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...uspensions.html

Also, I could see beckett being able to change his location mid throw, though I would have a problem with him being suspended just for that.

This guy is a shitass.

I would kill (Luis Castillo) to have Eckstein on the Mehts. He is exactly what that bunch of killer-instinct-lacking dudes needs.

I would kill (Luis Castillo) to have Eckstein on the Mehts. He is exactly what that bunch of killer-instinct-lacking dudes needs.

Holy shit, Castillo's a better player than David Eckstein. This post makes my brain hurt.

David Eckstein is a terribly mediocre baseball player who only looks like he's trying more than everyone else because he has so little skill that he can't possibly do anything effortlessly.

Guest Hollinger.

Uh oh what did I start? Guys when I mentioned David Eckstein as an example of a baseball player, I did not mean to give off the impression that David Eckstein was a real baseball player. He is just a guy on a baseball team.

Not sure if I'm ready to call Gallaraga "great" just yet, but my fear of a sophomore year collapse seem to be unfounded so far. And nice to beat up on the Sox who have pretty much owned the Tigers recently (I think it's 35-20 Sox going into this season in the 3 years since I've lived in Chicago, which as been absolutely brutal for me).

Not sure if I'm ready to call Gallaraga "great" just yet, but my fear of a sophomore year collapse seem to be unfounded so far. And nice to beat up on the Sox who have pretty much owned the Tigers recently (I think it's 35-20 Sox going into this season in the 3 years since I've lived in Chicago, which as been absolutely brutal for me).

I think if I balance Gallaraga and Verlander in my mind I can reach some sort of equilibrium. Oh Lord make it so.

I'm noticing a trend here for the O's. Win 2, get slammed in the final game. I guess it could be worse. The bright side is that they have won 3 consecutive series. I'm in no position to be greedy, but would it kill 'em to finish out a sweep once in a while?

What is wrong with Bonifacio? only 1 for 6!?! he's cooling down........

no really, he's awesome.

Eh, I'm more inclined to say the honeymoon's over. If you get him with two strikes and throw a high fastball he's done.

but wow 8-1 and our first ever sweep of the Braves in Turner Field.