Red Rocks Roll Call

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I had to top this as we are just a mere 2 weeks away now.... and getting pretty jacked! The girlie and I just booked our flights this morning and where we had a little bit of delay getting things organized, we were also waiting on a friend that was gonna hook us up with a place to stay and smokey favors :rock :stunned Well he is gonna be outta of town now, but I still couldn't pass up tihs opportunity to go see my favorite band right now in a place that I've wanted to visit for at least 15 years. A couple questions for the local folks, do you reccomend anywhere to stay relatively close to Red Rocks? The gf and I might also take in a Rockies game or even head down to Colorado Springs later on that weekend... any places to reccomend in downtown Denver, close to the bar scene but not too crazy? I'm open to all suggestions, and I greatly appreciate your input. I was a wee lad when I last visited Colorado, and I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Hey also I got 2 extras for the show, let me know if you need them I can get rid of them for cheap to a local resident that wants to go

ok I had to top this as we are just a mere 2 weeks away now.... and getting pretty jacked! The girlie and I just booked our flights this morning and where we had a little bit of delay getting things organized, we were also waiting on a friend that was gonna hook us up with a place to stay and smokey favors :rock :stunned Well he is gonna be outta of town now, but I still couldn't pass up tihs opportunity to go see my favorite band right now in a place that I've wanted to visit for at least 15 years. A couple questions for the local folks, do you reccomend anywhere to stay relatively close to Red Rocks? The gf and I might also take in a Rockies game or even head down to Colorado Springs later on that weekend... any places to reccomend in downtown Denver, close to the bar scene but not too crazy? I'm open to all suggestions, and I greatly appreciate your input. I was a wee lad when I last visited Colorado, and I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Hey also I got 2 extras for the show, let me know if you need them I can get rid of them for cheap to a local resident that wants to go

If you really want to do it up, there is always the place the Beatles stayed when they played Red Rocks:

http://www.brownpalace.com/

Here are the top ten requests for this show as of now...

Top Ten Requests for Friday Jul 3, 2009 Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison - CO

Pieholden Suite

Box Full Of Letters

Bull Black Nova

Forget the flowers

A Shot In The Arm

Ashes Of American Flags

California Stars

Dreamer in my dreams

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Remember the Mountain Bed

Bring your rain gear, it's been raining just about every day here lately.

Good point, Moss.

Regardless of what the forcast is for the 3rd, bring a rain poncho or something similar and something warm. Red Rocks/the area weather can turn on a dime....

Still avail., watchtower? I've yet to pick up tix yet and need 2....

Still avail., watchtower? I've yet to pick up tix yet and need 2....

I may have 1 left. My girlie's friend from Colorado doesn't know who Wilco is, but wants to go to the show with us. I can let you know for sure and pm you later tonight if I have 2 available or what. I still got a lot to plan with the trip, hotels, Rockies tix for Saturday and a rental car. That reccomended Beatles hotel looks spiffy, I just don't think that wil be up to our speed. I hear for the weekend after the show, we'll want to stay in the LoDo area? Is pretty much the closest hotels to Red Rocks in Golden? Fat Tire or Coors tour? So many questions, so little time....

Hotels near Red Rocks:

http://www.redrockso...s_redrocks.html

For a great deal on 4th of July Rockies tix click the link below and scroll to the very bottom on the left side. Don't know of the availability at this point, though, as the Rox have been on a tear:

http://colorado.rock...et_specials.jsp

Fat Tire tour.

The fireworks will be going off at Coors Field as well as downtown Denver from Invesco Field. Any part of the city is a decent view (save for directly in front of a tall building, of course)....

Go to Sam's #3 on Lawrence in LoDo at some point and/or Pete's Kitchen on Colfax.

Ton's of excellent local breweries/pubs in LoDo and by Coors Field. Mountain Sun is a little out of LoDo (17th and Vine, I believe) but is worth the very short trip (accessible via the Colfax #15 bus) for their excellent brew.

Hotels near Red Rocks:

http://www.redrockso...s_redrocks.html

For a great deal on 4th of July Rockies tix click the link below and scroll to the very bottom on the left side. Don't know of the availability at this point, though, as the Rox have been on a tear:

http://colorado.rock...et_specials.jsp

Fat Tire tour.

The fireworks will be going off at Coors Field as well as downtown Denver from Invesco Field. Any part of the city is a decent view (save for directly in front of a tall building, of course)....

Go to Sam's #3 on Lawrence in LoDo at some point and/or Pete's Kitchen on Colfax.

Ton's of excellent local breweries/pubs in LoDo and by Coors Field. Mountain Sun is a little out of LoDo (17th and Vine, I believe) but is worth the very short trip (accessible via the Colfax #15 bus) for their excellent brew.

Much thanks! Greatly appreciate all the suggestions!

Hello gentlepersons.

I will be going to this concert and am extremely excited to see my 2 favorite bands on the same bill! This will be my 3rd time seeing both bands. I have been to Red Rocks once for a festival(Monolith), but have a few questions. First of all I bought an Reserved ticket for myself, a week later a friend of mine decided to go with me and I bought him a reserved ticket. Unfortunately I was under the impression that this was a reserved GA area, where the area was roped off(like at the festival I attended). Does the venue have any way of distinguishing between the GA people from the Reserved? I think we will plan on just showing up early and getting in the GA section if possible. Anyone have any pointers for me?

Thanks a bunch.

Ropes and the "security" people watching who comes and goes beyond the ropes is how the two sections are monitored. But, if you want to hang in GA with a reserved ticket that certainly won't be a problem for you. They won't make you sit in a reseved seat.

My girlfriend and I bought our airfare and tickets (GA)! Can't wait for the show. How early is everyone planning on showing up?

We are planning to go in the morning, go for a hike, have a picnic, drink a bit, and hang out all evening! VERY excited!!

We are planning to go in the morning, go for a hike, have a picnic, drink a bit, and hang out all evening! VERY excited!!

Not a bad idea, some nice hiking around that area. In fact it takes a bit of a hike to get where I will be waiting for the show. I got a cooler on wheels so I'm ready.

Getting excited for the show, but not the boring ass drive through KS and E. Colorado.

Blues Traveler is playing Sat. but I don't care. I do care that Black Joe Lewis is opening for him. Might hang out and eavesdrop that funky ass shit.