Jay Bennett posts about upcoming surgery

Yes. I've had it for a few months. I agree that it is his best since Palace.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a related note, has anyone downloaded Jay's most recent album? It's available for free (seriously, it's the way it's being distributed) here : http://rockproper.com/

I'm 3 tracks in (not sure what took me so long to get around to it) and it's easily his best solo work. His best post-Wilco work is still The Palace At 4 A.M., but this is damn good.

i agree, i love his latest record. i've been listening to it at least every other day since its been "released." previously, i was listening to The Beloved Enemy on a regular basis. Genevra is such an amazing song...it brings me so close to tears every time i listen to it much like The Engines are Idle does off of his latest work.

a friend and i were cruising around town the other day and i put on God's Coffee. this guy's really fickle with new music, however he loved this song!

The idea of some sort of "Being There" or "Summerteeth" era Wilco reunion for this is probably a dream. A beautfiul one, but still, a dream. Getting Jeff to do it may be one, too. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

As a fan of the band's I know how amazing this idea would be to the fans. I just don't want to dream too big and get myself (or others) disappointed.

The idea of some sort of "Being There" or "Summerteeth" era Wilco reunion for this is probably a dream. A beautfiul one, but still, a dream. Getting Jeff to do it may be one, too. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

As a fan of the band's I know how amazing this idea would be to the fans. I just don't want to dream too big and get myself (or others) disappointed.

Simply a 'regular' Wilco show would raise a hefty chunk of change...

On a related note, has anyone downloaded Jay's most recent album? It's available for free (seriously, it's the way it's being distributed) here : http://rockproper.com/

I'm 3 tracks in (not sure what took me so long to get around to it) and it's easily his best solo work. His best post-Wilco work is still The Palace At 4 A.M., but this is damn good.

I downloaded a few weeks ago, and I'm sorry to say I'm not impressed. I thought it was rather weak overall.

Bhickman,

Please put me down to help Jay defray costs of the surgery......

and yes, "Apologize.." is the best overall effort from Jay since "Palace"

-Robert

I would totally go to a show that had Edward Burch, Leroy Bach, Ken Coomer, etc.

It would sell out the Tractor here in Seattle......easily.

-Robert