I was curious if anyone else was fortunate enough to A - live in a city that plays Wilco on the radio, and B - have already heard songs from the still unreleased WTA? I just moved back to Louisville from Richmond and 91.9 WFPK is playing "You Never Know," in heavy rotation, and have even made mention of Jay's untimely death.

Guest Alan

I was curious if anyone else was fortunate enough to A - live in a city that plays Wilco on the radio, and B - have already heard songs from the still unreleased WTA? I just moved back to Louisville from Richmond and 91.9 WFPK is playing "You Never Know," in heavy rotation, and have even made mention of Jay's untimely death.

That's cool that you have a public radio station that plays Wilco. We have a Cumulus station in Ann Arbor that will play Wilco from time to time but I almost never listen to it. Listening to the radio for music is pretty futile most of the time.

93.1 XRT in Chicago has been playing You Never Know non-stop. Seriously, they play it in the morning on my drive to work and in the evening on my way home, and though I don't have radio access during the day very often my guess is once during the lunch hour too. It's been really neat to hear them on the tube so much. It is their hometown station, but even so. Any Wilco radio love is welcome.

Anyone else hoping a different cut off of WTA might have been the first single? I was really hoping for Wilco (The Song) or maybe Sunny Feeling. Maybe those will follow.

93.1 XRT in Chicago has been playing You Never Know non-stop. Seriously, they play it in the morning on my drive to work and in the evening on my way home, and though I don't have radio access during the day very often my guess is once during the lunch hour too. It's been really neat to hear them on the tube so much. It is their hometown station, but even so. Any Wilco radio love is welcome.

XRT plays a generous selection of Wilco songs even when a new single isn't out. They have even been named their Friday Feature band a few times.

I live in DC and gave up local radio the day WHFS went Spanish. Actually, probably before that, but that was the nail in the coffin. Anyway, I haven't heard W(TA) on the radio per se, but I heard "You Never Know" on XM (the Spectrum, ch. 45) the other day. I expect it will get pretty heavy play there.

Hey,

I was at the T-Bones Steakhouse in Hudson, NH and before my friend and I left we heard You Never Know. Definitely satellite radio.

It was still a shock to hear that song now considering the album isn't out till the end of the month. I realize it's on such a place(satellite radio), but it's still odd to hear Wilco out and about. Actually, when I was in Burger King in the same town in April I heard Impossible Germany.

Thanks,

Kristofor

A local Ann Arbor station has played "You And I" once or twice while I've been listening.

107.1? That'd make a lot of sense. They tried to get Tweedy in studio a few times and have never had any luck.

According to the Mediabase Radio Charts 'You Never Know' is already at number 6 on the airplay charts on Triple A stations across the US. It's one of the fastest gainers on the Triple A charts. But to put it in perspective Triple A is a bit of a ghetto and it only requires an accumulated three or four hundred plays a week across all the the Triple A stations to make the top 10.

By contrast it takes two or three thousand plays a week to make the top 10 in the 'AC' (adult contempory) station charts - or 10,000 plays a week to make the top 10 in the 'Top 40' station charts.

It's rare for bands like Wilco to break out of the AAA radio ghetto and cross over to AC let alone Top 40 airplay. A sad commentary on how crap radio is these days.

Anyway, here's a link to the AAA charts:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/insideradio/charts.asp?format=10&showyear=y&dpt=n

The station I mentioned earlier in this thread, WFPK 91.9 In Louisville dug real deep yesterday evening and pulled out "Pecan Pie." I was very stoked and very stunned.

David Dye - World Cafe, today he played Bull Black Nova. You heard right. He's played Wilco (The Song) recently and I believe I've heard You Never Know, as well.

Wilco (The Song) has been on heavy rotation on XMU.

Just posted this in another thread, but wanted to add it here too...

We have 2 stations here that play lots of Wilco.

Wilco (the album) is the cd of the week on 89.7 WTMD. On the drive in to work yesterday, You and I followed by Solitaire was played. And today, got to hear You Never Know. Nice way to start out the day!

'You Never Know' on 100.9 WRNX Springfield, MA

I was freaking out so much that my girls just looked at me like I was crazy. They did realize what was going on tho. They said "Is this Wilco?!? On the RADIO!!!"

XM Radio is playing the heck out of You Never Know.

What station? I have Sirius, but they're both the same company now and have combined a lot of their stations.

I don't listen to the radio for music much(except satellite)but I imagine 94.9 is probably playing something.

It was either 94.9 or Halloran's previous channel 92.1 that first introduced me to Wilco via "California Stars" that they played a lot!

edit: These are in San Diego...

What station? I have Sirius, but they're both the same company now and have combined a lot of their stations.

Seems like I hear it daily on "The Specturm" (forget which number; forty something). I heard Wilco (The Song) on Srius XM U, once (great station, BTW).

Seems like I hear it daily on "The Specturm" (forget which number; forty something). I heard Wilco (The Song) on Srius XM U, once (great station, BTW).

Cool, Thanks!

Yeah I listen to Sirius XM U sometimes, but I haven't had my Satellite hooked up for a couple of weeks.

Reminds me, I heard the studio version of ITMWLY on Jam On. Kinda weird, 'cause I don't consider Wilco a Jam band, and it wasn't a live version. :brow