Anyone know when wta might start shipping?

Here is an update:

I pre-ordered the LP last Sunday (the 21st I believe) along with a copy of Adult Head/Cherry Ghost tee. Apparently my electronic shipping info was received on the 25th. Just checked the tracking link I got and it says this:

"Your item was processed through and left our RALEIGH, NC 27676 facility on June 27, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

So it looks like it is on the way. Hopefully this will calm some of the nerves of the people who ordered through Kung Fu. I had many of the same issues that have been discussed, i.e. no confirmation e-mails, etc. I finally received an e-mail with a tracking link yesterday after I e-mailed the people at Kung Fu. They are, as we all could have probably guessed, a bit overloaded with the new album being released/merch being bought, so I think patience is all that is needed. Having said that I do not think any or many of you will be receiving the album after release date (especially if you ordered on or before 6/21). I could be wrong but I think most everyone should have the album in their hands by Tuesday at the latest.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It arrived today, and luckily I was home to meet the mailman so the vinyl didn't melt in the 96 degree heat. The mailman did, however, put the package down on the one little corner of the front porch where the sprinkler hit it (he literally could have put it anywhere else on the porch without a single drop of water hitting it -- it almost seems intentional -- it almost seems like I have Jay Farrar as my mailman). Since I was home and heard him knock, I got to it before it got too wet, and the plastic wrap kept the contents dry. I'm glad to have it. It really does make a difference hearing the album in a quality format, as opposed to streaming audio.

Here is an update:

I pre-ordered the LP last Sunday (the 21st I believe) along with a copy of Adult Head/Cherry Ghost tee. Apparently my electronic shipping info was received on the 25th. Just checked the tracking link I got and it says this:

"Your item was processed through and left our RALEIGH, NC 27676 facility on June 27, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

So it looks like it is on the way. Hopefully this will calm some of the nerves of the people who ordered through Kung Fu. I had many of the same issues that have been discussed, i.e. no confirmation e-mails, etc. I finally received an e-mail with a tracking link yesterday after I e-mailed the people at Kung Fu. They are, as we all could have probably guessed, a bit overloaded with the new album being released/merch being bought, so I think patience is all that is needed. Having said that I do not think any or many of you will be receiving the album after release date (especially if you ordered on or before 6/21). I could be wrong but I think most everyone should have the album in their hands by Tuesday at the latest.

What about Nonesuch?

What about Nonesuch?

I'm sorry Clint. I did my ordering through Kung Fu so I really don't have any information on Nonesuch's status. I'm just trying to help whoever I can so I'm sorry I don't have anything. Maybe check it out with some others on VC who have commented about ordering through Nonesuch and see if they have any updates :thumbup

Listening to the stream from the Greek tonight and its great!

I'm sorry Clint. I did my ordering through Kung Fu so I really don't have any information on Nonesuch's status. I'm just trying to help whoever I can so I'm sorry I don't have anything. Maybe check it out with some others on VC who have commented about ordering through Nonesuch and see if they have any updates :thumbup

Listening to the stream from the Greek tonight and its great!

Good plan... it sucks, but I know i'll get it sometime.. My single came 6 days after the release date, so I am kinda bummed bc its probable that this will be the case as well. Hopefully, the fact that I haven't been emailed doesn't mean it has not been shipped.

Like any good obsessed Wilco fan, I have been tracking my Wilco album across the country via USPS. According to the USPS my Wilco album was processed and shipped on from Kansas City Mo facility at 2:30 am Sunday morning. I live in Columbia MO (2 hours away). I'm getting my hopes up that it was at the Columbia Post office this AM and being sent to my door as we speak. I hope I'm not setting myself up for having to wait one more day. Why can't a grown man wait patiently?

Like any good obsessed Wilco fan, I have been tracking my Wilco album across the country via USPS. According to the USPS my Wilco album was processed and shipped on from Kansas City Mo facility at 2:30 am Sunday morning. I live in Columbia MO (2 hours away). I'm getting my hopes up that it was at the Columbia Post office this AM and being sent to my door as we speak. I hope I'm not setting myself up for having to wait one more day. Why can't a grown man wait patiently?

The mailman arrived just as I was leaving for work today. Took a quick peek and it was there!!! And somehow I have managed not to hear a note of it yet. Only problem is I can't find my headphones. Gonna have to borrow some.

ps - tote and tee are sweet...just pissed now i didn't get the vinyl this time...what was i thinking, trying to cut back a little in this rough economy

The mailman arrived just as I was leaving for work today. Took a quick peek and it was there!!! And somehow I have managed not to hear a note of it yet. Only problem is I can't find my headphones. Gonna have to borrow some.

ps - tote and tee are sweet...just pissed now i didn't get the vinyl this time...what was i thinking, trying to cut back a little in this rough economy

i still have nothing...no email, nothing

you will not be disappointed by this book. it lives on my bookshelf inbetween ee cummings and richard brautigan.

enjoy.

That is fantastic. I've been able to flip through a friend's copy before but looking forward to sitting down and reading through it.

I got my vinyl on Saturday... and tried to insert my CD into my MacBook Pro so I could import it into iTunes for use on my iPod... but the computer rejected it again and again. Could this be some kind of Warner Bros anti-pirating effort? Anyone here able to rip their cd?

Got ours on Saturday and spent the whole morning today in downtown Chicago listening as I drove around for work. Nice way to make a Monday.

T-shirt was ordered as well but didn't show up. Might be in a separate package... We'll see.

So, according to Kung Fu, my vinyl copy shipped Thursday, but the USPS tracking info hasn't even registered that the package has been picked up to ship. Did anyone else get updates using the USPS tracking? Is this pretty typical?

I'm having trouble with my Dell Inspiron as well. Doesn't do anything when I put the disc in. No recognition.

I went through that with a Son Volt cd. I hope this isn't going to happen with Wilco. I am curious to know if other people are experiencing this. I see two people have mentioned it so far. According to Amazon, I will get my cd tomorrow. I think this is the first Wilco cd that I have not picked up the day of release or soon after. I suppose that is the way it goes these days.

Made my JenCo shirt already! :rock

I got my vinyl on Saturday... and tried to insert my CD into my MacBook Pro so I could import it into iTunes for use on my iPod... but the computer rejected it again and again. Could this be some kind of Warner Bros anti-pirating effort? Anyone here able to rip their cd?

i was able to no problem, i gave my brother a copy of it.,

In the interest of completism, I got my vinyl + cd + T package this morning (1st post, hi everyone). I'm in Carlsbad, CA. Tickled when that big 12.5 x 12.5 box arrived, felt like I was 10 years old, getting my first Three Dog Night albums from Columbia House Record Club! The CD loaded into my Powerbook G4 and into iTunes with no hiccups, but it looks like the tracks are tagged incorrectly; Only "You Never Know" and "Country Disappeared" (tracks 6 & 7) were tagged with "WILCO" in the composer field and were therefore recognized as separate files. I manually edited them but iTunes is still not recognizing "Country..." so I have two separate icons for WTA. Still sounds good though (and the flimsy tee will go on a wall somewhere, doubt it would survive more than 5-6 washings).