Pixies' Doolittle 20th anniversary tour

When I saw the Pixies in Lowell,MA in Dec of 04 the opener was Mission Of Burma. And some band with the lead singer in a wheel chair.

Blues Traveler

Jethro Tull

Vic Chesnutt

All have performed with lead singers in a wheelchair. Probably wasn't any of them, though.

Blues Traveler

Jethro Tull

Vic Chesnutt

All have performed with lead singers in a wheelchair. Probably wasn't any of them, though.

No

Nope

No

I have no idea...(looks online for the info)...(that was quick and painless. I should have done that before)

The Bennies.

Edit:

"The warm-up act, the Bennies, elicited some surprised laughter when they wheeled out on stage. Yes, wheeled; the Bennies’ lead singer, Jeremy Dubs, is a little person who’s confined to a wheelchair. But he rocked hard when they came out of the gate, at one point headbanging so hard that his glasses flew off. The group played a tight set of mostly short songs, many of which betrayed the Pixies’ influence through frequent meter and tempo changes (though lyrically the group was a lot less surreal than their ticketmates). I’ll look forward to finding their album when it’s released."

http://blogcritics.org/music/article/concert-review-pixies-and-mission-of/

• 3 years later...

It's for the best, I think. They didn't seem to have any intention of making a new album, and really, how long can they tour on their old stuff without becoming the Indie Rolling Stones? That said, I'm glad I saw them during the Doolittle 20th anniversary tour.

• 1 year later...

And now it's time for the 25th anniversary of Doolittle:

Celebrating 25 years of the band's biggest selling album, Doolittle 25 brings together for the first time all the B-Sides, Peel Sessions and Demos, with almost half the tracks having not been commercially released before. This deluxe CD version contains an impressive 50 tracks with the original album on disc one, 2 full Peel Sessions & 6 B-sides on disc two and the complete album in demo form plus 7 bonus tracks on disc three. Like all other Pixies sleeves before it, Vaughan Oliver returns to reinterpret his original design and Simon Larbalestier’s photographs to create a stunning triple card wallet design, printed in metallic ink.

http://pixies.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=19301

• 7 months later...

Pixies to play TT the Bear's one last time:

Hello

To help bid adieu to Cambridge's T.T. the Bear’s Place, one of the most iconic nightclubs in the country, Pixies will perform at the venue one last time TONIGHT.

Tickets will be priced at $55.00 and go on sale today at 2:00PM ET at the Orpheum Theatre box office.

They will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis with a two-ticket limit.  

All interested must be present when purchasing the ticket as all ticket holders will be wristbanded when they buy their ticket.  All attendees must be 18+, will need a valid ID, as well as their ticket and wristband in order to enter the club for the show.

La La Love You,

PIXIES

• 1 year later...