What comes next for Wilco? (during the period between records)

I said this before, and I'll say it again. I would pay through the nose for a Tweedy solo record. Will it ever happen, yes. Will it happen anytime soon, probably not. I would love a 8-10 song album with folkish, sing a long tunes. Obviously there would be appearances by the rest of the band.

yes! i've never been one to pass up hearing an acoustic record by a fav. songwriter of mine.

A NYC residency should be in order! :yes

Sweet Jesus God Almighty I would love that. I'm always hoping for another Minus Five collaboration. Down with Wilco is such a great album.

Or something completely different, like they start a reality show where they open a bakery where they make all these elaborate cakes for Chicago's elite. They can call it At Least That's What You Baked or Wilco (The Bakers) or I Am Trying to Break Some Eggs or Outtasite (Outta the Oven) or I'm the Man Who Loves Cake.

No? I vote for Loose Fur.

Either:

1) a prolonged break (which might actually mean the end of the band as we know it)

2) solo projects (Jeff acoustic, Jeff book of poetry, Autumn Defense, The Singers, Pronto)

3) collaborations (Minus 5, Loose Fur, something new a la 7 World Collide)

Wilco is at a crossroads...

Either:

1) a prolonged break (which might actually mean the end of the band as we know it)

2) solo projects (Jeff acoustic, Jeff book of poetry, Autumn Defense, The Singers, Pronto)

3) collaborations (Minus 5, Loose Fur, something new a la 7 World Collide)

Wilco is at a crossroads...

A prolonged break could be possible, but this band will be around for a while... Jeff loves doing what he does..they all do

After they tour for awhile they'll take a month or so off, come back and make another record-with the same lineup. The question is how good will it be. Another question is will Nels be loved or hated. Another question will be what would it have sounded like with Bennett. Another question will be....something else familiar undoubtedly.

The Nels Cline Singers should have a new double album out early next year, or possibly two separate releases. They were in the studio in March, and they're recording a live album early next month in San Francisco.

I just this on Jambands.com:

Nels Cline To Prep Live Release

Wilco will wrap up a European tour this week and then is off until October. Guitarist Nels Cline will busy himself during this time by laying the foundation for a future live release. Cline will head to San Francisco, shortly after Wilco's Dublin performance on Friday. There at Cafe Du Nord, the Nels Cline Singers will record their performances on Wednesday September 2 and Thursday September 3. Cline released his latest studio effort, Coward, earlier this year.

1) Tweedy dumps the band. Joins forces with Buddy Miller and band and cuts a laid back, countrified record - pedal steel, banjo...

2) Tweedy dumps the band. Joins forces with Matthew Sweet and band and cuts a pop / power pop album of hooks and melodies.

I'll take number 1.

Wilco joins Bob Dylan to record some Woody songs. Tweedy plays acoustic guitar and sings choruses in "Bob's songs" while Jorgensen and Cline (mainly) elaborate on a new 'mercurial sound". Bob makes nothing in "Tweedy's songs" :beer