Them Crooked Vultures

secret machines have been making music like this for years.

why is music produced so bad? there is a reason the old zep stuff is amazing...it's produced so warmly with phat drums up front and not echoed to shit. the bass is actually heard and guitars basically come out of the speakers. it's really not that the music of the last 28 years has been bad, its the production!!! ironically, one of the best produced songs of the last decade was that queens of the stoneage song that dave played on.

Well, with a Led Zeppelin member and two guys who clearly take a lot of inspiration from Zep, is this at all a surprise?

On another board I am, the talk is that the album sounds like some of Jones' recent solo albums. I think I am just not a fan of these "big rock" super groups. That is cool he is doing something though. I have also read that Jimmy is working on some stuff that he is going to release at some point.

I know very little about Zeppelin solo projects, but I thought it was an assumption that Zep would be a big influence in this project.

But to me, this is different from a normal supergroup. Songs For The Deaf is an incredible album, so Dave and Josh clearly work well together. It just feels like it'll be a great rock album. All three of them know what they're doing when it comes to good rock music, and they've all worked with each other in some context before (except, I think, Josh and JPJ.)

We'll see. I do really like how they're promoting this thing. Supporting the Arctic Monkeys? The underground-ness is neat in my eyes.

Well, with a Led Zeppelin member and two guys who clearly take a lot of inspiration from Zep, is this at all a surprise?

it doesn't sound like zep. it sounds like all the other cock rock/alterna rock that's come out for almost two decades now. rock is over!

Huh. They've released two 30-second youtube videos, and the haters have already contributed to this thread?

Well here's another one:

Tourdates:

PUBLIC ON SALE INFORMATION

North America Fall Tour 2009

Public on sale starts Saturday, September 5th at 10 am

10-01 Austin, TX - Stubb's / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at the Stubb's Box Office (801 Red River Rd)

10-02 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Festival / Tickets / Visit www.aclfestival.com for festival details and ticketing information.

10-05 Nashville, TN - War Memorial / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at the venue box office (Downtown at TPAC, 505 Deaderick Street)

10-06 Columbus, OH - LC Pavilion / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at the venue box office (405 Neil Ave Columbus, OH 43215)

10-08 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at the Fillmore Box Office which opens at 4:30pm on Saturday (2115 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201)

10-09 Toronto, Ontario - The Sound Academy / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at Rogers Centre Gate 7 on Bremner Blvd.

10-11 Boston, MA - House of Blues / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at the Orpheum Box Office (1 Hamilton Pl, Boston, MA 02108)

10-12 Philadelphia, PA - The Electric Factory / Tickets

10-14 Washington, DC - 930 Club / Tickets / A very limited number of tickets will be sold sans service charges at the 930 club box office (815 V ST. N.W. WASHINGTON DC)

UK Winter 2009

Public on sale starts Friday, Sept 4th at 10 am

Buy online at gigsandtours.com or by phone 0871 2200 260

12-10 Plymouth, England - Pavilions

12-11 Portsmouth, England - Guildhall

12-13 Blackpool, England - Empress Ballroom

12-14 Birmingham, England - O2 Academy

12-15 Edinburgh, Scotland - O2 Academy

12-17 London, England - HMV Hammersmith Apollo

• 1 month later...

Them Crooked Vultures To Release Debut Album Nov. 17

After much speculation, rock supergroup Them Crooked Vultures has announced Nov. 17 as the release date for its debut album.

Bandmates Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana), Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) will put the self-produced and self-titled release out on DGC/Interscope Records. It is rumored that the first single from "Them Crooked Vultures" will be "New Fang," a song slated to hit radio on Monday (Oct. 26). The band's rep would not confirm or deny that report, however. Them Crooked Vultures emerged as one of the year's most anticipated acts after a debut gig at Chicago's Metro in August. Though details on any recorded output have been scant until now, the band has been releasing small snippets of its studio sessions. Earlier this month, Them Crooked Vultures played a small series of gigs in the U.S., including the opening night of Austin City Limits. NME has reported that the band will do a short in the U.K. Dec. 10-17, and January tour dates in Australia and New Zealand will be announced in the coming weeks.

Here is the tracklist for "Them Crooked Vultures":

"No One Loves Me & Neither Do I"

"Mind Eraser, No Chaser"

"New Fang"

"Dead End Friends"

"Elephants"

"Scumbag Blues"

"Bandoliers"

"Reptiles"

"Interlude with Ludes"

"Warsaw or the first Breath You Take After You Give Up"

"Caligulove"