Robert Pollard, Etc.

I was a Heedfest virgin until recently, and it was a great time. tons of Pollard nerds gathered under one banner, just having a great time and treated to not only Pollard playing his music, but four other bands playing GBV and Circus Devils songs. Matt Davis did a great job organizing it and there were good vibes all around.

i don't know how actively the Wilco board gets together, but hopefully a lot of people will meet for the 1st time @ the Solid Sound Festival. Nothing like turning a virtual community into a real one. People from all over the place (including Sweden!) came together for Heedfest.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://robertpollard.net/date.html

here's all of the official dates:

9/30 - East Side Drive, Austin, TX

On Sale 7/16 at 12pm

with Times New Viking

10/3 - Pearl Theatre @ Palms Hotel, Las Vegas NV

SOLD OUT

Matador at Twenty-One Las Vegas

10/4 - Wiltern, Los Angeles CA

On Sale TBA

with Times New Viking

10/5 - Warfield, San Francisco CA

Pre-sale FRI 7/23 10am-10pm password "bee thousand"

Regular On Sale SAT 7/25 at 10am

with Times New Viking

10/7 - Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

On Sale 7/20 at 10am

with Times New Viking

10/9 - Showbox So Do, Seattle WA

On Sale 7/26 at 10am

with Times New Viking

10/12 - First Avenue, Minneapolis MN

On Sale 7/16 at 12pm

with Times New Viking

10/13 - The Vic, Chicago IL

On Sale 7/24 at 10am

with Times New Viking

10/15 - Southgate House, Newport KY (Cincinnati)

On Sale 7/16 at 10am

10/16 - Outlands Live, Columbus OH

On Sale 7/15

10/21 - 9:30 Club, Washington D.C.

On Sale 7/17 at 10am

10/22 - Cat's Cradle, Carrboro NC

On Sale 7/16 at 10am

10/23 - Buckhead Theater, Atlanta GA

On Sale 7/24 at 10am

11/4 - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

On NBC at 12:35/11:45C

11/5 - Paradise, Boston MA

On Sale 7/17 at 12pm

with Blitzen Trapper

11/6 - Trocadero, Philadelphia PA

On Sale 7/17 at 12pm

with Blitzen Trapper

11/7 - Terminal 5, NYC

On Sale 7/23 at 12pm

with Blitzen Trapper

Anyone know how/where to get tickets online for the Outlands Live GBV show in Columbus, OH? Any help is much appreciated! Says tickets went on sale today, but can't seem to find any info anywhere.

Wow I am so freaking excited. Pavement and GBV reunions in Boston within a couple months. The Paradise is really small. This could actually be really tough to get tickets for

i'll be doing Vegas and Boston, outside chance of NYC.

I hate all of you. Not sure I will be able to make any of these but I'm targeting a trip to Minnesota.

this tour is a dream come true for me, as someone who came late in the game and missed live GBV period. Seen Pollard, but never, NEVER(!!!) thought I'd get the chance to see him with Tobin and motherfucking MITCH MITCHELL

I'm hitting the DC date if the ticket thing comes through. if not, ill pay a fucking scalper. CANNOT WAIT

THE CLUB IS OPEN

come on come on

the cluuuuub is ooooooopennnnnn

I wanted to interrupt all the recent GbV reunion hoopla with more exciting news.

Boston Spaceships : Our Cubehouse Still Rocks Sept. 7, 2010

6550350812290_main.jpg

Following three full-length Boston Spaceships records in only two years, Our Cubehouse Still Rocks is a breakthrough fourth album from the band featuring Robert Pollard (Guided By Voices), Chris Slusarenko (Guided By Voices) and John Moen (Decemberists). The collaboration began as a long-distance recording project, but brilliantly hits its stride on this album as an unshakable, actualized band. For a group that took their name from the over-the-top UFO illustrations on record covers from '70s arena rockers Boston, there's no denying a classic-rock flag flying high overhead. Just below, however, is the bustling churn of art-damaged new wave, echoes of Devo, mid-period Wire and the sour songcraft of the Rough Trade stable. From the near-prog sunshine psych of "Track Star" to the barn-burning album closer "In the Bathroom," the sixteen songs fly by in a gust of demented, high-energy pop. Pollard's visual arts talents, especially his fascination with collage, have integrated themselves into the sonic realm with Boston Spaceships. While early GBV had the occasional tape cut-up, on this album compositional collage runs through the songwriting, be it schizophrenic structure or a completely random burst of overdubbed drum solos. Easily the best collection of songs from the Spaceships, the record is brimming with hooks and Pollard's incredible gift for melodies so catchy they shine through even the weirdest musical surroundings. More than anything here, Pollard sounds rejuvenated and excited. At this point--literally thousands of songs into a decades-long career--one might anticipate his unprecedented prolific output would result in a few phoned-in numbers. But once again this is not the case. Our Cubehouse Still Rocks is the sound of a band alive with the energy and excitement of making a brand new, incredible noise. Every second feels electric.

Song samples are here-

http://www.midheaven.com/item/our-cubehouse-still-rocks-by-boston-spaceships-cd

I saw late era GBV multiple times (Isolation Drills tour being the first). Great shows but will be cool to see them with the vintage lineup, as the only time I've seen Bob play with any of these guys was Tobin Sprout sitting in for maybe 3 or 4 songs on their final tour.

Man, I got shut out of Philly. If anyone hears of two extras, please think of MattZ? I will be all over the NYC tix pre-sale on Wednesday.

Terminal5 is pretty huge, so hopefully my chances are better there. In fact, many of my friends are die-hards, and they are skipping the show because they are convinced there will be another announcement with a smaller venue, and they don't want to go to T5. Yikes.

Man, I got shut out of Philly. If anyone hears of two extras, please think of MattZ? I will be all over the NYC tix pre-sale on Wednesday.

Terminal5 is pretty huge, so hopefully my chances are better there. In fact, many of my friends are die-hards, and they are skipping the show because they are convinced there will be another announcement with a smaller venue, and they don't want to go to T5. Yikes.

that sucks ... maybe they'll add another philly show, since nov. 6 sold out so fast

the NY venue looks ... ominous, but it's apparently not that bad. have you been to T5?

since Philly is sandwiched in between the Boston and NYC dates, i can't see how they could add another date.

i was looking at that

maybe before that leg of the tour starts?

they don't have any shows from oct. 24 - nov. 3 so maybe they just head east a day early and add a nov. 3 philly show? then go to NY for fallon, then up to boston nov. 5, then back to philly nov. 6 and NY nov. 7?

or maybe add a nov. 8 show the day after NY?

i would hope that GBV would add another Boston date (Paradise capacity ~750) before another Philly date (Troc capacity 1200)...and i can't see them playing another city after NYC. that seems to be the logical end spot, with the possibility of adding a 2nd NYC show a more realistic development than playing another city again.

Great, no. Good, absolutely. Worth $500+ for handwritten lyrics...God, no.

Agreed, not something I will be bidding on but I figured a few Pollard-heads might be interested.