The Arcade Fire -- live

And this is the reason why:

Seriously, this looks like the best live band out there these days.

they're amazing for sure. been pretty blessed to have seen them a dozen or so times now.

expect a new album in the Spring with a world tour to follow!

Aren't you like, friends, with like, Win Butler, and stuff?

expect a new album in the Spring with a world tour to follow!

Sarah and I listened to Funeral this past weekend while photographing an old abandoned warehouse area of the city. It was gorgeously apropos.

Sarah said,"I would see them live again. Anytime. Any place." That's my girl. :lol

Good to hear they're working on a new album. We were lamenting their relative disappearance over the last year or so.

Aren't you like, friends, with like, Win Butler, and stuff?

with Win? nah, but we've certainly chatted a few times. very funny/sarcastic guy. the whole band are incredibly fun and cool people for sure, which kind of shows in their live show.

I've never seen them live, but I've seen numerous TV and DVD live performances, and all have been very impressive. These guys set a standard in their live shows that is pretty hard to match for almost every other band going right now.

the whole band are incredibly fun and cool people for sure

wayne coyne would have to disagree with you.

I agree with the comment about the ACL show- one of the best TV concerts I've ever seen, translated incredibly well- most bands sound a bit flat and lack energy on TV performances.

I saw them last fall, just a handful of them, when they were doing some free shows in Ohio for Obama and they were incredible. I can't imagine seeing them live with the entire ensemble.

• 4 months later...

did a search for Arcade Fire, this was the first thread that popped up.

Uhm, why didnt anyone tell me about this band?!? My God, I have my next band obsession. These people are out of this world. Totally different than anything else I've heard in a long time, and so, so good. God. Wow.

These people are out of this world. Totally different than anything else I've heard in a long time, and so, so good. God. Wow.

They really are. I watched a rebroadcast of the ACL performance a few weeks ago - jawdroppingly awesome!

Hopefully they'll tour this year...

I've seen them twice: once in a club and once in a small theater and they were both great. The first time I saw them they opened with "Wake Up" and it remains one of my favorite live music moments of all time. Seeing them all step up and start to sing sent chills up my spine.

I've seen them twice: once in a club and once in a small theater and they were both great. The first time I saw them they opened with "Wake Up" and it remains one of my favorite live music moments of all time. Seeing them all step up and start to sing sent chills up my spine.

I had a similar experience. Saw them in Asheville on two separate occasions and both were exceptional. The first time I saw them in a small venue and they too opened with Wake Up. Seriously, it was one of the most awe-inspiring moments I have ever witnessed. Truly wonderful.

I saw them at ACL not too long ago. It was one of the greatest concert experiences ever, because the crowd just gets into it, and the band members are always changing instruments. It was pretty intense. The only reason I saw them was because I managed to sneak in to the front after Arctic Monkeys played. It was either that or walk to the other side and be in the back to watch Muse.

I had a similar experience. Saw them in Asheville on two separate occasions and both were exceptional. The first time I saw them in a small venue and they too opened with Wake Up. Seriously, it was one of the most awe-inspiring moments I have ever witnessed. Truly wonderful.

Were you at the Orange Peel in January '05? I don't remember what they opened with, but that was one of my favorite shows ever. :wub