2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

There's a fair bit of buzz about the show already from what I can tell, but I share that sentiment. I'm not one who generally needs or wants to move around a whole lot during a show, but I get distracted if I suspect the band (especially Wilco) is bored or annoyed. I was at that 2004 show as well and remember Jeff's crack about Glenn painting the guy, and I remember hating the idiots in Seattle 2006 who kept shouting about the Seahawks (they were in the Super Bowl that weekend). The crowd at the Royal for Band of Horses was pretty tame, if I remember correctly -- but then again, they'd played here twice already in the last couple years.

Anyway, hopefully people (and the band) understand that this is a big deal for Victoria, and the show is a memorable one.

I think it's time to bump this back up! It's almost Wilco Week in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle, and Victoria for me)

I'm counting on Stephen Colbert to be sitting nearby in Victoria, before he goes to Vancouver to see his speed skaters. We know he's a Wilco friend.

less than a week till my first wilco show!!!

i use to work security for shows at the University of Montana. So i'm gonna try to sneak around a bit and hear the sound check and see the band. it's going to be awesome!!!

I even made myself listen to Califone enough in the last two months to appreciate their opening set, I think. I hope. first time I saw them, came away thinking they were one of the worst bands I'd ever sat through.

I've employed the radios theory of repetition abuse. What I at first just tolerated I now sing along with.

I'm counting on Stephen Colbert to be sitting nearby in Victoria, before he goes to Vancouver to see his speed skaters. We know he's a Wilco friend.

Pardon the reply to my own post (poor manners I'm told)

I realized this is the night of the opening ceremonies, so I expect Stephen Colbert will be occupied in Vancouver that evening. Thanks to Wilco for skipping that event to play for us in Victoria!~