2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon

Da Tandoor at 1010 Fort St.?

That's it, for sure. I've got to go back there again.

Just found this, and the 10 minute walk, slow service, and unprepossessing facade confirmed it. But the food was really amazing....>

Frommer's Review

The best of Victoria's several Indian restaurants, Da Tandoor hides itself behind an unprepossessing facade on the outer edge of Fort Street's antiques row, near Café Brio, Med Grill, and J&J Wonton Noodle House. The cuisine is well worth the 10-minute walk from downtown. Tandoori chicken, seafood, and lamb and fish curries are the house specialties; but the extensive menu also includes masalas, vindaloos, and goshts, and classic appetizers like samosas and papadums. If you get inspired to try it at home, the restaurant sells a wide variety of spices and chutneys. Decor is nothing special, and service can sometimes be slow.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said 2nd row, not row B. wink.gif

It looks like the Wilco show @ the Olympics is a full Wilco show, as it's advertised as being from 7-11pm (which shoots down any hopes I have of getting back to the island that night), but I suppose wandering around for 6 hours until the first bus out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...(if I can't find accommodations, that is)

Lucky you on the seats! When I was offered these seats, I didn't want to mess around and refresh the seat selection hoping to get even closer. I was not ready for that gamble, no way, especially after trying to get floor seats in Portland. I'll gladly take the 6th row and tell you guys to sit down in front and throw extra bits of naan at you from Da Tandoor if you don't comply.

Really though, I hope we are on our feet alot, and I'm glad to hear the Vangroovey show is a full length one. I jumped to the conclusion that it would be more of a 'variety' concert.

If you do run around town until dawn, you may want to not focus on hanging around Hastings!

I'm nervous that the Victoria crowd will be superlame, a la Vancouver 2004, where Jeff consistently mocked us all for remaining seated the entire evening and even went so far as doing an impression of the slouched gentleman in the first row who he assured us Glenn was painting between songs. :lol

I'll be at Seattle too, which I'm really excited for... never been to the Paramount, after all these years!

I'm nervous that the Victoria crowd will be superlame, a la Vancouver 2004, where Jeff consistently mocked us all for remaining seated the entire evening and even went so far as doing an impression of the slouched gentleman in the first row who he assured us Glenn was painting between songs. laugh.gif

I'll be at Seattle too, which I'm really excited for... never been to the Paramount, after all these years!

Too much mellowness here in the Pacific NW sometimes at shows, eh? Jeff made fun of a Spokane crowd I was in a couple of summers ago for the same kind of thing.

I'll do my part to get fired up in Victoria, indeed. Someone might toss some naan at me for trying to stand. I don't think the Seattle crowd will be mellow, with the floor seats gone in the Paramount. We won't have any option but to stand up. It was really enthusiastic last time in the same situation. At least Jeff didn't complain about us, except for taking note of the strong herbal order that he thought was being piped into the place.

I'm nervous that the Victoria crowd will be superlame, a la Vancouver 2004

There's a fair bit of buzz about the show already from what I can tell, but I share that sentiment. I'm not one who generally needs or wants to move around a whole lot during a show, but I get distracted if I suspect the band (especially Wilco) is bored or annoyed. I was at that 2004 show as well and remember Jeff's crack about Glenn painting the guy, and I remember hating the idiots in Seattle 2006 who kept shouting about the Seahawks (they were in the Super Bowl that weekend). The crowd at the Royal for Band of Horses was pretty tame, if I remember correctly -- but then again, they'd played here twice already in the last couple years.

Anyway, hopefully people (and the band) understand that this is a big deal for Victoria, and the show is a memorable one.

I remember hating the idiots in Seattle 2006 who kept shouting about the Seahawks (they were in the Super Bowl that weekend).

I forgot about that. You're right, Jeff did comment at that show about the Seahawks fans shouting out. All the people around me were not really caring much about football, that's for sure.

I forgot about that. You're right, Jeff did comment at that show about the Seahawks fans shouting out. All the people around me were not really caring much about football, that's for sure.

I'd rather have a slightly rowdy crowd than a sedate one any day. Jeff's a first-class dismisser of hecklers which adds to my enjoyment of a show. I'll promise to shout out something ridiculous in Victoria if the rest of the crowd go to sleep.

Also that was the Tweedy solo show at the Moore. Given that the Seahawks were playing in their first-ever Superbowl a little hometown enthusiasm wasn't that surprising. I forget his exact put-down but it was priceless along the lines of "This is a folk show. Imagine going to see Donovan in the late sixties and shouting out for Man Utd". Funny and erudite. And good know you can have a big knowledge of sports and of music.

Also that was the Tweedy solo show at the Moore. Given that the Seahawks were playing in their first-ever Superbowl a little hometown enthusiasm wasn't that surprising. I forget his exact put-down but it was priceless along the lines of "This is a folk show. Imagine going to see Donovan in the late sixties and shouting out for Man Utd". Funny and erudite. And good know you can have a big knowledge of sports and of music.

That's right, at the Paramount, I don't remember anything negative about the crowd at all.

The Moore show is also where the guy yelled out "Jeff, I love you man", now memorialized on DVD.

I just checked the Royal Theatre's site, and the main floor is essentially sold out, just a few strays, and about half the balcony is left.

• 2 weeks later...

I may not be breaking any news here, but according to the Wharton website, Califone is opening in E. Lansing. My guess would be that they will open for most, if not the entire, tour.

Wharton Center - Wilco

According to this link, they're opening in Madison too.

I'd be ecstatic if Califone opened for the entire tour, but considering they've got a brief west coast stint lined up at the end of this year, I'd be pretty surprised.

I for one am stoked that Missoula Montana was chosen as the tour opener. I beleive this will be their 3rd or 4th visit to the Garden City. We have a great Wilco fan base in this town although I am suprised that the venue isn't sold out yet. Missoula also happens to be where the outstanding Ashes of American Flags had it's world premiere last spring at the Big Sky Film Fest. Anyway, with the band starting this tour after a month in the studio I can't wait to be in the audience for a potential new song debut.

Yeah, I found at Muzzle of Bees blog that Califone was opening for Wilco at the Madison show, which I am going to it. This is going to be an awesome night, two of my favorite bands the same night!

• 4 weeks later...

Bahamas is opening up on the later four dates of the Canadian tour, it should be noted I guess that he's going out with Feist. But, his record is really really great (Pink Strat, check it out) and he's absolutely hilarious live, good opener!

Bahamas is opening up on the later four dates of the Canadian tour, it should be noted I guess that he's going out with Feist. But, his record is really really great (Pink Strat, check it out) and he's absolutely hilarious live, good opener!

I caught Bahamas a few months ago in Victoria, and it was the hardest I've laughed at a concert in a long time. I'd never heard of him before, but I came away a fan.