2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I like when a band announces a show in someone's town/area/within driving distance and they bitch because it isn't the optimal set up for that person.

I feel extremely dirty doing it... but it's just hard not to feel a bit disappointed. Vancouver fans have been waiting a while for this show (they skipped BC entirely on their last Canadian tour), and I don't feel like we'll even be getting a "real" one this time around. The crowd and venue will be nuts, the city will be an absolute shit-show already, and the setlist likely isn't going to reflect what Wilco in an intimate setting is capable of.

But you're right, it's completely selfish to ever feel disappointed about a free Wilco show in your area... and yet I can't help it. :hmm

I feel extremely dirty doing it... but it's just hard not to feel a bit disappointed. Vancouver fans have been waiting a while for this show (they skipped BC entirely on their last Canadian tour), and I don't feel like we'll even be getting a "real" one this time around. The crowd and venue will be nuts, the city will be an absolute shit-show already, and the setlist likely isn't going to reflect what Wilco in an intimate setting is capable of.

But you're right, it's completely selfish to ever feel disappointed about a free Wilco show in your area... and yet I can't help it. hmm.gif

Come down to Seattle. It's only 130 miles (yeah, and the tedious border crossing). I just stood in line with someone who came all the way down from Nelson along with his Vancouver buds (friends wink.gif) to see a Bob Dylan show at a 1300 seat venue ( the Paramount's little sister the Moore) on Sunday. I always run into wonderful Canadian neighbors at shows here.

Lucky folks in Portland and Seattle. The Paramount is a fabulous location, acoustically near perfect (although even at my advanced age I prefer GA). Anyway, it's all theoretical to me as I'll be on a tropical beach that week so will have to miss both shows.

It may be GA. The last time they played at the Paramount, they actually folded the seats down into the floor and the whole main was standing room only.

There is a link to a video showing the floor conversion, which is you are a theater geek like me is pretty cool to check out.

http://www.stgpresents.org/paramount/events.asp

Also, I like when a band announces a show in someone's town/area/within driving distance and they bitch because it isn't the optimal set up for that person.

Well, I've had some time to think about this, and you're right. My initial reaction was selfish and definitely offside. So I apologize.

SASKATOOOOOOOOOOON :rock

Wilco has never played within 8 hours of my city. I'm allowed to bitch. Get off your high horse, man.

Very psyched for Ottawa and Montreal - The Olympia in Montreal is a beautiful theatre. Anyone know anything about the Ottawa venue?

Sorry to the Vancouver folks - you seem to getting screwed lately on shows. You haven't had a GREAT one since the show at the Commodore during the YHF tour... Go to Seattle and Portland!

Very psyched for Ottawa and Montreal - The Olympia in Montreal is a beautiful theatre. Anyone know anything about the Ottawa venue?

Sorry to the Vancouver folks - you seem to getting screwed lately on shows. You haven't had a GREAT one since the show at the Commodore during the YHF tour... Go to Seattle and Portland!

It's pretty huge, it's where the NAC Orchestra plays as with large ballet's etc. They do have concerts however, Yo-Yo Ma just played here, with a special guest...

Hmmm... And we were planning on arriving on the 15th...

Time to revise those travel plans. I must admit, I did not see this one coming. Pack your rain pants and wellies!

A Canadian tour in February is pretty hardcore.

Time to revise those travel plans. I must admit, I did not see this one coming. Pack your rain pants and wellies!

A Canadian tour in February is pretty hardcore.

Well this is nice! We have tickets for two Olympic events (nothing major) on Feb 14 and Feb 15th! And my nurse recently relocated to downtown Vancouver, so I have a place to stay! Woo hoo!

Well this is nice! We have tickets for two Olympic events (nothing major) on Feb 14 and Feb 15th! And my nurse recently relocated to downtown Vancouver, so I have a place to stay! Woo hoo!

That's awesome, Judy! Can't wait. :dancing

If you're staying downtown, you can probably walk to David Lam Park.

I, for one, am thrilled for a London, Ontario show! Cennetinal Hall sure has a dated vibe, but damn it's nice to see the band kinda close to home.

Woot.

It will be fun to see them again. Just too bad this is not at the Aeolian.

@Bbop - if you do not say hello, I will be extremely miffed.

That's awesome, Judy! Can't wait. :dancing

A two-Judy trip! :w00t

We probably won't make it up there for the Wilco show :ohwell but are very much looking forward to seeing both of you. :yes

Wilco has never played within 8 hours of my city. I'm allowed to bitch. Get off your high horse, man.

I live in a city with a metropolitan population density of 5.4 million (the 7th largest population center in the country) and Wilco hasn't been here for a non-festival show since 2005.

No offense, but do you really think it is feasible for Wilco to play anywhere in BC but Vancouver? It's not like there's gigantic population centers dotted around the province, and it's pretty spread out. I'm not sure why they should feel ashamed of themselves.

It's pretty huge, it's where the NAC Orchestra plays as with large ballet's etc. They do have concerts however, Yo-Yo Ma just played here, with a special guest...

I hope it's in Southam Hall (the main theatre). It holds somewhere between 2000 and 2500 people and the sounds is excellent. It reminds me of Massey Hall but newer. I believe the NAC was built in 1969. They don't have concerts here as much as I would like. I hear you have to book the room months in advance.

No offense, but do you really think it is feasible for Wilco to play anywhere in BC but Vancouver? It's not like there's gigantic population centers dotted around the province, and it's pretty spread out. I'm not sure why they should feel ashamed of themselves.

Victoria, a beautiful city with a major university, attracts artists like Leonard Cohen, etc. Neil Young played a benefit concert in Duncan, BC (also on the Island) in 2004.

Huge props to Wilco for crossing Canada in the dead of winter - this is a right of passge for all Canadian bands. I imagine the Sadies have done it a hundred times.

This reminded me of Hard Core Logo.