2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon

Got this from the Wilcoworld page, guess we will hear soon......

*****2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon*****

I just want to say...

Please boys, don't forget the SOUTH!!!!

:pray :pray :pray

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. Wilco needs to give the north the attention it deserves.

Anyways, unless Wilco is actually going to come way north (something gives me the feeling that the only BC city they'll play will be Vancouver.....) I sadly, will not be able to attend any concerts. :ohwell

I am still holding out for Wilco's triumphant return to Newfoundland - but alas most Canadian tours end in Halifax... sigh... It would be so awesome to see them at home! (Lot's of family to baby-sit the kiddos).

I am still holding out for Wilco's triumphant return to Newfoundland - but alas most Canadian tours end in Halifax... sigh... It would be so awesome to see them at home! (Lot's of family to baby-sit the kiddos).

correction...most canadian tours end in montreal or quebec city ; )

they seemed to really enjoy themselves the last two times in halifax and fredericton so hopefully they'll make it a true canadian tour.

If they played somewhere else in BC, it would be a first. Having said that, Kelowna would be a nice surprise...

No doubt. Makes you question the management of Tony and co that after 15 years, they've only played in BC ten times (three times in the past 5 years...) and only ever in the same city. Victoria and Kelowna could support a Wilco concert but that'll never happen. :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

I've been waiting forever for a Victoria show... Coincidentally, I'll also be out of the country for the first half of 2010, so it'll probably happen. :hmm

If they're going to do a real Trans-Canada tour, Victoria is "Mile 0." You never know.

It would also be cool if Wilco could contribute to the Neil Young Project during the Vancouver 2010 Cultural Olympiad. It would be a good fit, I think.

Never mind the south and north of the US of A or Canada - I've just bought tickets for the gig in Leeds (as in the north of the UK) which I have been waiting for since they canned the SBS tour dates including Newcastle about two years ago. Thank the Lord!

Didn't see Jeff at the Mott The Hoople re-union gig I attended in London last week but saw lots of other people over from the US and Canada for it - it was awesome. They did I Wish I Was your Mother but not the Tweedy co-write Henry and the H Bombs :rolleyes

I'm still hoping against hope that they will come to Scotland for a full-length gig. The last one was an abridged (but excellent, of course) festival set in Glasgow in summer 2007. Alternatively, I'm going on holiday to Australia/New Zealand in early 2010 so they could come there too?!

Well, I'm not gonna be around anyway, but that kind of sucks. For one, no Victoria -- again. And two, Vancouver is going to be a complete gong show around Olympic time, and combined with the fact that it's a free show probably at some expansive venue... I can't imagine that's what real Wilco fans have been waiting so long for.

Feb-07

Missoula, MT

Adams Center

Feb-09

Portland, OR

Arlene Schnitzer Hall

Feb-10

Seattle, WA

Paramount Theatre

Feb-13

Vancouver, CA

Live CIty Vancuver at David Lam Park

THIS IS A FREE SHOW AS PART OF THE 2010 WINTER GAMES "LIVE CITY" FESTIVITIES

Feb-15

Edmonton, CA

Northern Jubilee Auditorium

Feb-16

Calgary, CA

Southern Jubilee Auditorium

Feb-17

Saskatoon, CA

TCU Place

Feb-19

Duluth, MN

DECC Arena

Feb-20

Madison, WI

Overture Hall

Feb-21

East Lansing, MI

Wharton Cobb Great Hall

Feb-23

Hamilton, CA

Hamilton Place Theatre

Feb-24

London, 39

Centennial Hall

Feb-27

Montreal, CA

Olympia de Montreal

Mar-01

Ottawa, CA

National Arts Centre

Mar-03

Halifax, 39

Halifax Forum - Multipurpose Room

Hey, who's up for a road trip to Duluth in February?

(Not me.)

Lucky folks in Portland and Seattle. The Paramount is a fabulous location, acoustically near perfect (although even at my advanced age I prefer GA). Anyway, it's all theoretical to me as I'll be on a tropical beach that week so will have to miss both shows.