Barack Obama hates Buddhist people...

Guest Speed Racer

I've only had one cup of coffee, so I'm not sure how I feel about the decision. I'm with VC, though - I don't see how it can really be a bad thing.

On the other hand, I AM pretty disappointed in people that are somehow blaming or judging Obama for this decision, instead of the Nobel committee itself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I lived in Afghanistan would I be cynic? How about Palestine? Maybe Honduras? Of what if I was from Cuba? Maybe Venezuela? Guam? How about if I needed health insurance? What if I was Gates? What if I was Kanye West? What if I lived in Pakistan?

Great argument.

If Obama is smart, his statement should include something along the lines of 'accepting this on behalf of the American people.'

Guest Speed Racer

If I lived in Afghanistan would I be cynic? How about Palestine? Maybe Honduras? Of what if I was from Cuba? Maybe Venezuela? Guam? How about if I needed health insurance? What if I was Gates? What if I was Kanye West? What if I lived in Pakistan?

Are you? If so, I would love to hear your point of view.

If Obama is smart, his statement should include something along the lines of 'accepting this on behalf of the American people.'

If Obama is smart he will donate the monies to an organization that works for peace and justice, day after day, tirelessly and in abhorrent conditions.

Hearing this news today made me think of last weekends SNL opener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5Kl38fSVY

Maybe they gave it to him so when he talks to the Iranians about the atomic bomb they don't have, he can slam it down on the table and be all like, "I am Barack Motherfucking Hussein Obama, Nobel Peace Prize laureate, and I am here to tell you to cut the shit."

And now, the lunar response to Obama's peace prize:

mooninite.jpg

I'm still a relatively big supporter of the president, but this makes absolutely no sense. Hopefully, he'll deserve the award a few years down the road, but he doesn't deserve it yet. The Nobel committee jumped the shark on this one.

Still a pretty small % of the overall population :lol

I was pretty surprised -- didn't even know he was nominated. I hope he lives up to it.

And what the hell is going on in Guam?

Also:

Maybe it's like the year Dustin Pedroia won the AL MVP and there were just no other really good candidates so they gave it to the plucky (half)white guy who over came adversity (Obama, being a black dude in America; Pedroia, being 16 inches tall).

I don't have much to say about this, its not like this is the first hypocritical choice for the Peace Prize, I guesse their role is to give legitimacy to villians in disguise i.e Al Gore (p.s global warming is a scam and everyone knows it).

What I would truly like to say is this WHAT A JOKE , WHAT A BRILLIANT JOKE ... who among us can deny how funny this is?

I don't have much to say about this, its not like this is the first hypocritical choice for the Peace Prize, I guesse their role is to give legitimacy to villians in disguise i.e Al Gore (p.s global warming is a scam and everyone knows it).

I'll bite: What does the scientific community (by scientific, I mean anyone not associated with right-wing lobbyist groups, oil / gas companies, etc.) possibly have to gain from pretending the Earth was rising in temperature when it wasn't?

I'll bite: What does the scientific community (by scientific, I mean anyone not associated with right-wing lobbyist groups, oil / gas companies, etc.) possibly have to gain from pretending the Earth was rising in temperature when it wasn't?

Duh...furthering the Gay Agenda.

The nominations were early in the year. I don't think the voting was done then.

What I find funny is the reporting that I saw said that he wasn't even considered one of the front runners for the prize but won it unanimously. That made me wonder what's going on there.

On a note related to global warming, at least this prize will put him basically at the Copenhagen talks in December because he'll be accepting it wherever it is that happens nearby, right around the same time.

Yo, Obama, I'm really happy for you and I'm let you finish, but Al Gore had one of the most controversial Nobel Peace Prize wins of all time. OF ALL TIME.

:lol