Is this song as good as I think it is??

The Counting Crows put out a new album?

I listened to it at least 12 times in a row yesterday.

My linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj8HDe5M-Jo&feature=player_embedded

Boonie...this board is filled with haters and curmudgeons. Some of them dont' even like Wilco. You think they are going to respond positively to the Avett Brothers?

I was sleepy when I opened this thread...now I'm officially asleep...zzzzzzzzzzz.

I tried this Avett stuff, but I really just don't feel them. It's kind of like making out with a wall -it's not as gross as making out with your uncle but it's not exactly going to turn you on either.

Good ... Not great. Pales in comparison of ... well ... everything on Emotionalism (and 2nd Gleam).

add in Gleam 1, Mignonette, & Carolina Jubilee as well.

I was sleepy when I opened this thread...now I'm officially asleep...zzzzzzzzzzz.

I tried this Avett stuff, but I really just don't feel them. It's kind of like making out with a wall -it's not as gross as making out with your uncle but it's not exactly going to turn you on either.

hopefully you've heard more than their latest album... not a good starting point at ALL.

check out the 1st Gleam EP if you haven't heard it

Boonie...this board is filled with haters and curmudgeons. Some of them dont' even like Wilco. You think they are going to respond positively to the Avett Brothers?

This isn't true. There are a couple very positive threads about this band.

I enjoy most of The Avett Brother's songs individually, but I find the albums as a whole to be overwhelmingly sappy. It's like eating too much candy in one sitting. The lack of polish on the older stuff helps, but even then it's just too much (and a couple of those albums are awfully long-winded)

That said, I'm pretty sure I now own their entire catalog, or close to it. For some reason I won't give up on them. I'm convinced that at some point I'm going to really "get it."