And Now, A Breath of Fresh Air

Not the Terry Gross interviews Jeff Tweedy thread I was expecting, but I can dig.

I like Wilco too.

Crow and D-Man dig the wilco boys

is this what this forum is about. I thought this was a travel agency.......ugh

Read here long enough and you will begin to have doubts...

I was going to post something snarky about how pointlessly redundant this thread is on a Wilco fan board, but after thinking about it I decided this feels more like that video where the Bee Girl finds all the other people dressed as bees running through a field. It's nice to have a place where nobody says 'What's a Wilco?'

So, yeah. I like Wilco. No matter how redundant that may be.

I was going to post something snarky about how pointlessly redundant this thread is on a Wilco fan board, but after thinking about it I decided this feels more like that video where the Bee Girl finds all the other people dressed as bees running through a field. It's nice to have a place where nobody says 'What's a Wilco?'

So, yeah. I like Wilco. No matter how redundant that may be.

Exactly. ;)

Guest Speed Racer

I've been listening to all the albums again for the first time in a long time, and I have to say, I have a new appreciation for Jay's contributions to the band.

I hadn't listened to Being There in a long time, and I hadn't listened to Disc 2 in YEARS - at least, in order as opposed to shuffle.

On all the Wilco albums, of course, but especially BT, ST and YHF, there are little embellishments and instruments and fills that are just enough and not over the top that just make the songs, and I have to think Jay had a LOT to do with those. I'd still say AGIB is my favorite album, but Jay really did have a magic touch when it came to Wilco, and I'm grateful for his contributions.

Steely Dan was my favorite band for 30 some years, until I was randomly channel surfing a couple years ago. I lit for a moment on Austin City Limits and had one of those life changing moments. Turned out the name of the band was Wilco, and the song was "Sky Blue Sky." I acquired their entire catalogue over the next few months. Steely Dan is now my second favorite band all time.

I like Wilco a lot.

Steely Dan was my favorite band for 30 some years, until I was randomly channel surfing a couple years ago. I lit for a moment on Austin City Limits and had one of those life changing moments. Turned out the name of the band was Wilco, and the song was "Sky Blue Sky." I acquired their entire catalogue over the next few months. Steely Dan is now my second favorite band all time.

I like Wilco a lot.

That's a damn fine top two, good sir. Should Sansone ever decide to take his windmilling elsewhere. Former Steely Dan sideman/Doobie Brothers frontman Michael McDonald is currently available for keyboards and backing vocals. I'd be more than up for it.

My goal with this post is to give jesusetc84 a stroke, btw.

--Mike