• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

newman2.jpg

Thunderclap Newman - Hollywood Dream

Weird, I was just telling my fellow band members that we should do "Something in the Air". I think a few of them think it's a Tom Petty song. laugh.gif

Weird, I was just telling my fellow band members that we should do "Something in the Air". I think a few of them think it's a Tom Petty song. laugh.gif

It is such a great song. I love it.

Yeah, I think there's quite a few people that first heard the song via Tom Petty :D.

NP:

MMOHMA.jpg

Man I love Mary Margaret O'Hara; incredible voice and talent. Apparently she's working on some new stuff finally :).

Do they also think "I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better" is a Petty song? :lol

That's the new Los Campesinos record, correct? How is it compared to their previous ones? I really liked their first album and ep but wasn't too fond of their second record.

Yes--Romance is Boring is the new LC! album. I would say it sounds more like their second album, but with much much darker imagery and bigger production. I love Gareth's sense of humor and it shines on this record. I'd really recommend you listen to it at least twice. It is a huge step forward for this fledgling band.

01AwcAX6Tuj8YAnEkBAAAACiJ5xZ4:.jpg

This is being re-released 2/8 with bonus material. They also have a new EP slated for a 3/6 release. Stereogum has more info and the song "Liv Tyler" available for download.

I do love the Roadside Graves. They also have Liv Tyler and several songs of their latest on Daytrotter. Looking forward to the new EP.

That's good news that she is working on new stuff.

(And I just learned that she and Catherine O'Hara are sisters ...)

A Mom of one of my friends from school (we're talking many years ago now) was a good friend of Catherine's. Not sure how well she knew Mary Margaret though. At the time Catherine was the only well known one in the family... I suppose that's still the case for the most part :ohwell.

Do they also think "I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better" is a Petty song? :lol

:lol You know, it would not surprise me.

51WpbkJteBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Geez that Danger Mouse is a talented guy. Seems to be able to make great music with anyone. James Mercer sounds amazing on this. This could be on some end of year best of lists for sure.

41BX8708PSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41JAW7ZADEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg515vK2QR3lL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51goLMoWsQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51DEVFHNl5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Paul Simon - Rhythm Of the Saints

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Songs: Ohia - The Magnolia Electric Co.

Teenage Fanclub - Songs From Northern Britain

Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come