Albums with a narrative

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilco (the Album)

Hey, we're Wilco, a sonic shoulder for you to cry on. But, damn, I'm tired Deeper Down. One Wing is not enough for this relationship. I'm tired y'all, even my Black Nova is giving me nose bleeds. Asleep, I dream about Fiest, what a nightmare. I awake to George Harrison. "Come on children", I say to myself (referring to myself). My Country has Disappeared, my idealism, my actual country etc. Or maybe that's just the myth of the good old days? Hey, let's play Solitare. What, what's the most cliche lyric I can come up with..."I'll Fight for you? Well, even Sunny Feelings fade, as do all things...Everlasting Everything...we're all just stardust.

Guest Speed Racer

basically every opera ever written....

Fewer than you'd think, if you take a look at them. Most of the dialogue can be summed up in, "I love you, we can't be together!" "OMG you screwed me over!" "OMG I'll kill you!" "BETRAYAL! WE DIE!" "SOB SOB SOB!" I'm continual shocked at how little substance the actual dialogue of an opera contains. Emotion in the music, yes, but most opera I've seen is a dressed up version of "As the World Turns."

Zen Arcade - Husker Du (very loose narrative)

I was going to mention that....

Needless to say and goes without saying except I am saying it....

Tommy - The Who

Quadrophenia - The Who

Arthur - The Kinks

The Wall - Pink Floyd

(Guess the Brits love that narrative shit....)

LouieB

great record, although the story is kind of hard to follow

let's see ... Rael goes to New York, then ... Banks plays a synth solo ... after that i get lost

The Rael has an "encounter" with some questionable sea creatures and had to catrate himself to not turn inot the big wart guys..

Thinking Peter Gabriel had some issues, but I do like Counting Out Time, Carpet Crawlers, etc...

Fewer than you'd think, if you take a look at them. Most of the dialogue can be summed up in, "I love you, we can't be together!" "OMG you screwed me over!" "OMG I'll kill you!" "BETRAYAL! WE DIE!" "SOB SOB SOB!" I'm continual shocked at how little substance the actual dialogue of an opera contains. Emotion in the music, yes, but most opera I've seen is a dressed up version of "As the World Turns."

That's an odd argument against operas having a narrative.

how about _Born To Run_? could be a stretch, but....

Not a stretch at all...I was going to post it myself (but I really lost interest in this thread for some reason)