fewest people at a gig with a name act

Long long time ago (1984) I saw the clash at the agora ballroom in Hartford, CT-800 people

Were the Clash that unpopular in the USA in 1984 or was that a one off type of show? I thought they would be in a way larger venue by then!I would have loved to see them..just starting to get into them (I am very late to the game)

I have a Clash show from the Agora Ballroom but I think it's dated 1979.

EDIT: the Agora in Cleveland, it's from.

http://homepage.mac....20Hartford.html

I think '84 is post-Topper and Mick, right? That could explain the small venue.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just like to add, I found it funny how I could tell that most of the people went to that show because "cool, it's that guy from Wilco!"   They quickly learned that The Singers are a completely differe

Wilco - Tennessee Theater, 1999

The first two rows were full. However many that is. 80 people?

They'd just released Summerteeth.... Jeff joked about the promoter/venue not advertising the show, and they more or less got run off for smoking onstage. The only song I really remember was Passenger Side. I was drunk. It worked for me.

That's kind of funny, because I saw The Frames headlining at the Annex in Madison in ... 2003 maybe? And it was pretty crowded. The Annex is a small place - capacity maybe 150 or something - but I'd say there were at least 75-100 people there. Did they go through a popularity lull afterward?

it's possible the show was 2004... i'd have to look back.

they also played First Avenue (Capacity is 1700+) after their last album (and touring opening for Damien Rice in bigger places), but just prior to Swell Season, and there was probably only 250-300 people at First Ave :(

edit: it was in the fall of 2005.

Were the Clash that unpopular in the USA in 1984 or was that a one off type of show? I thought they would be in a way larger venue by then!I would have loved to see them..just starting to get into them (I am very late to the game)

truthfully

I did not know much about the clash beyond combat rock and london calling at the time. A buddy's older brother took us. I was 16 and used a fake ID to get in.

Yes, this was with the "new" line up.

Not sure why they played such a small place, but I do remember it being the most packed and craziest floor I have ever experienced. I also got in trouble for coming home so late-he he.

According to wiki, this show was part of a self-financed tour-could also explain the smaller venues.

http://homepage.mac.com/blackmarketclash/Bands/Clash/recordings/1984/84-04-25%20Hartford/84-04-25%20Hartford.html

gotta love the internet

truthfully

I did not know much about the clash beyond combat rock and london calling at the time. A buddy's older brother took us. I was 16 and used a fake ID to get in.

Yes, this was with the "new" line up.

Not sure why they played such a small place, but I do remember it being the most packed and craziest floor I have ever experienced. I also got in trouble for coming home so late-he he.

According to wiki, this show was part of a self-financed tour-could also explain the smaller venues.

http://homepage.mac.com/blackmarketclash/Bands/Clash/recordings/1984/84-04-25%20Hartford/84-04-25%20Hartford.html

gotta love the internet

i saw this show:

http://homepage.mac.com/blackmarketclash/Bands/Clash/recordings/1984/84-04-13_Worcester%20MA_USA/84-04-13_Worcester%20MA_USA.html

the centrum is a pretty standard arena.

In 2003, I saw Evan Dando and Vic Chesnutt at the Orangepeel in Asheville and there were maybe 50 people in attendance. The OP holds about 1000 people. It was great not having to wait in line for beer. Awesome show though.

I saw the Lemonheads in June 2009 in a small club in Toronto, couldn't have been more than 100 people there.

Evan summersaulted onto the stage & put on an excellent show

not sure if Morphine counts, but Morphine in Vegas with 30 people.

Joe Strummer in Vegas with maybe 150 people.

Old 97's with maybe 100 people

Aimee Man with maybe 100

DJ shadow with 50 people.

sometimes bands comment about the lack of attendees and the fact that the number of attendees doesn't affect their performance much. I like the under attended shows myself.