Calling All Vibes

Oh snap! :ohwell

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Shit, Man!!! After 26 years, I'm getting a divorce!

I would appreciate some VIBES, if anyone wants to share.

No way!! I'm so sorry to hear it -- you guys make such a nice couple :no

Holy crap, that is the same length of time I have been married. Really sorry to hear this, since I have had really great interactions with you here on and off VC, even though we have not met in real life.. Life is weird, that is all I can say.

Hang in there.

LouieB

It's happening everywhere. I'm going through my second, so is my mom...and I know 3 or 4 other people splitting just since the holidays. Try to stay positive and hope for a good outcome for everyone. Vibes

Are there kids involved? If so, brace yourself for being blamed as a bad parent for destroying their childhood for the rest of your life. No matter what they do wrong in their life without you having any influence on it, it will always be your fault because you choose to destroy the family. Oh yeah, and it doesn't matter at all if you might have had your good reasons like e.g. survival. That doesn't count.

Major vibes are on their way to you.

Are there kids involved? If so, brace yourself for being blamed as a bad parent for destroying their childhood for the rest of your life. No matter what they do wrong in their life without you having any influence on it, it will always be your fault because you choose to destroy the family. Oh yeah, and it doesn't matter at all if you might have had your good reasons like e.g. survival. That doesn't count.

Major vibes are on their way to you.

One daughter, age 23. She's married and lives in Ohio.

I didn't make the final decision, but agree that it's what's best.

I appreciate everyone's support! :cheers

I don't think this is exclusive to divorced parents. A lot of "kids" pull this card regardless. Divorce is as common as marriage these days. Kids can adapt to the situation fine. The key is to show respect for the ex and the kids should be ok. My three boys (now aged almost-3, 7, and 9) have adjusted quite well since my divorce 2 years ago. Their mother and I are friendly and respetful to each other and that goes a long way in their eyes, we believe. It was a little difficult in the beginning but they see that it's better this way and mom and dad are actually friends again. They've had counselling, as well (the older boys, at least).

With older kids (i.e. 23 yrs old) there should be no issues besides maybe some initial resentments.