I'm surprised there aren't any threads about this yet, the organizers for Bonnaroo have been announcing the lineup for 2010's festival all day, and so far it's been incredbile! Here's what's been confirmed so far:

The Avett Brothers

The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform “Dark Side of the Moon”

Weezer

Medeski Martin and Wood

John Fogerty

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Ingrid Michaelson

Phoenix

The xx

Regina Spektor

Mayer Hawthorne & the County

Wale

Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers

Norah Jones

Bassnectar

OK Go

Monte Montgomery

Jay-Z

Punch Brothers

Thievery Corporation

GWAR

She & Him

Jimmy Cliff

Tokyo Police Club

Kid Cudi

Japandroids

Dr. Dog

Baaba Maal

Neon Indian

Zac Brown Band

The National

John Prine

Dave Matthews Band

Dave Rawlings Machine

Local Natives

Dropkick Murphys

Manchester Orchestra

Jeff Beck

Jay Electronica

The Postelles

Carolina Chocolate Drops

Rebelution

Damian Marley & Nas

Needtobreathe

Tenacious D

The Black Keys

Jamey Johnson

They Might Be Giants

The Entrance Band

Lotus

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Clutch

Tori Amos

The Melvins

The Dodos

Kings of Leon

The Dead Weather

Rise Against

Deamau5

Martin Sexton

Blitzen Trapper

The Gaslight Anthem

Mumford & Sons

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue

Baroness

Julia Nunes

Here We Go Magic

Tinariwen

The Disco Biscuits

Diane Birch

Lucero

Isis

Miranda Lambert

Kris Kristofferson

LCD Soundsystem

Stevie Wonder

That's the list so far, they're announcing acts all day.

Last year's lineup I thought was unbeatable, but I think this one's about beat it by a mile. Plus, there's rumors of Pavement, MMJ, The Stones, Stevie Wonder, and Neil Young attending. And a lot of rumors concerning this year's lineup have been true. I can't wait to see what else they announce.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. That lineup's one big yawn to me.

There's a (very) small number of acts I'd like to see, but I'd rather see them play their own shows instead of festival sets.

festivals are horrible.

that said, of that lineup i only dig:

The Avett Brothers

John Fogerty

Phoenix

The xx

Wale

Jay-Z

She & Him

Dr. Dog

The National

John Prine

Dave Rawlings Machine

Local Natives

Manchester Orchestra

Tenacious D

The Black Keys

The Melvins

not a bad lineup, but not overly exciting (yet) either

i can't close the announcement page... :blink

one cool thing about this meted out announcement: it gives weight to each announcement: time for each act to register.

still...holding out buying a ticket...

the last time i went to bonnaroo i had a fantastic time! and i credit my owning bitchin rain/snow shoes from getting schooled at bonnaroo in 2004. (for the record: it is pouring rain in Los Angeles today, and my fab rain boots are at home, by my front door. :hmm )

So I'm seeing Bonnaroo's tweets of bands for its lineup and with two out of every three, seemingly, I'm just like, 'Ugh.' Kings of Leon, Zac Brown Band, Dead Weather, Dave Matthews Band? Not that I would be going anyway, but compared to previous years it sounds not so great.

I was just looking at the prices on the Bonnaroo website:

Tickets: $250

Shuttle from airport: $60

Tent rental: $750

RV rental: $3200

Hotel: $1200

I think I'd rather fly across the Atlantic and wallow in European festival mud for prices like that.

festivals are horrible.

They can be. However, there are fests that are a lot smaller (at least around here) that are really well done in terms of keeping it mellow, keeping the crowd to a manageable size, etc. I've never been to Bonnaroo but have heard positive things about it. Personally, it's too big for my current preferences, but there certainly is a large assortment of music to appeal to most folks.

They can be. However, there are fests that are a lot smaller (at least around here) that are really well done in terms of keeping it mellow, keeping the crowd to a manageable size, etc. I've never been to Bonnaroo but have heard positive things about it. Personally, it's too big for my current preferences, but there certainly is a large assortment of music to appeal to most folks.

i just really don't like to see bands in venues bigger than 1500-2000 or so, kinda "been there done that" i guess. there's a few exceptions to the rule, but not many.

i just really don't like to see bands in venues bigger than 1500-2000 or so, kinda "been there done that" i guess. there's a few exceptions to the rule, but not many.

I hear ya, solace. There's a place around these parts called Planet Bluegrass (in Lyons, CO just north of Boulder) that puts on several music frests every year and it's kept to 3,000 folks (kind of a mini-Telluride fest). they do a Bluegrass frest, a Folks fest (tweedy played that one a few years ago), and a few others. It's so well done and such a relaxing atmosphere that I don't think it could be topped. It's quick walking distance to town, is right on a river, etc., etc. This is about as big as I'll probably ever do again....

@ one wing they should be fine, you may want to keep an eye on 13 year old though. There is lots of trouble and youngin could get into at the roo.

On another note I think this the first year with a lineup that doesn't make me want to go.