So, anyone making any sacrifices for the Lenten holiday period?

i'm considering giving up the following:

• dessert
  • cokes
  • candy

Or, considering adding the following to my life:

• exercise
  • cake decorating class
  • chores around the house.

What about you people?

My girlfriend does the Lent thing every year. This year she's giving up foods with refined sugar. I think the chocolate is going to be the toughest thing for her to give up.

I try to give up beer during Lent. Well, alcohol in general, but beer makes up about 99.9% of my consumption. I have more will power in some years than in others. This year I'm determined to be strong (easy to say with still a few days before Ash Wednesday). Easter is always such a l l l o o o o n n n g g g g time away....

There's no religious significance to it whatsoever, but my girlfriend gives up something every year. This year she's planning to go vegan during Lent (she's already vegetarian).

Inspired by her example, I'm going to use Lent as a convenient motivator to try to get 100% back on track with the good eating that helped me lose a bunch of weight last year. I've kind of let that slip in recent months, and it's time to re-focus.

There's no religious significance to it whatsoever, but my girlfriend gives up something every year. This year she's planning to go vegan during Lent (she's already vegetarian).

Inspired by her example, I'm going to use Lent as a convenient motivator to try to get 100% back on track with the good eating that helped me lose a bunch of weight last year. I've kind of let that slip in recent months, and it's time to re-focus.

Great idea. I'm going to join you. I lost about 120 pounds over the last few years but I've put on about 20 in the last 3-4 months. I started to get back on track the last couple of weeks but this is a great time to, as you said, re-focus.

I think I'll be giving up meat and alcohol altogether (except for St. Paddy's day).

My friend Loy always gave up cigarettes and booze during Lent, except for St Patrick's Day. He claimed some sort of papal dispensation.

I too have decided to give up refined sugar. Including chocolate, and excluding one morning French press with condensed milk.

My mother and best friend have challenged me to give up alcohol for lent this year. Considering I am a 22 year old college student with St. Patrick's day,and two of my house mates birthday's during lent, and many people who know me consider me an alcoholic it should be fun. I will let you know how I am doing.

After careful consideration we decided: Snack foods (like chips and crunchies etc) and fast food. We are going to replace snack foods with fruit and fast food with regular, home made food. We will have to discuss today whether that means dessert things and/or candy.

I've just been grocery shopping and bought my last bag of Haribo Colorado, and the last sixpack of lime beer :beer. Oh well. I will have to empty all the ice cream tubs on my own tomorrow night, as Rob will be on business trip :w00t

Be strong, Dunja! And have fun emptying the ice cream tubs. :eat

What's Haribo Colorado, precious?

Haribo Gold Bears are manna.

2951.jpg

This is Haribo colorado. It features the gummi bears as well, but as you can see, some other delicious stuff too. The brown/black squares are the reason I buy this. Unfortunately, there are only a few in each package, and the quantities differ. So I have to grab like 20 bags and check them all through to maybe decide which one might contain the most brown squares. Oh I could write a novel about this. Colorado is a science on its own, trust me ;)

Be strong, Dunja! And have fun emptying the ice cream tubs. :eat

Oh I will :D