RE: The Passion Of The Christ

I remember seeing this in the theater & getting really pissed off because people were loudly eating candy and popcorn during it.

:realmad

This is a film about Jesus Christ that suffered for our sins.

I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore, but I showed him some respect by not stuffing my mouth with Goobers.

Some people.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 O'Clock High. Another 80s flick that I'll watch every time if stumbled upon while surfing.

This is a movie that gets better with repeated viewings. It is much more than it seems the first time. It's too bad that John Hughes flicks are all that are ever talked of with 80s movies. This one is required viewing.

I totally agree with 3 prior mentioned: Dead Man (such an awesome sense of place!), Babe 2: Pig in the City (saw this in the theater, SO not for kids but so beautifully made and touching... that little kitten's "I'm hungry!" gets me, Thelonious is so cool and the big scene near the end in which Babe must make a moral decision made me hold my breath), and The Lookout (really enjoyed this but didn't hear much buzz).

I have to include Lars and the Real Girl - which just made my day when I saw it - ,My Dog Skip, and Frozen River.

lars.jpg

2008082111264586.jpg

FrozenRiverPoster.jpg

outlawtitle.jpg

Quoting Norma Jean White: "Jesse can be three people: He is Jesse, he is Jesco, and he is Elvis. Jesse is the most beautiful man that I could've ever loved. But Jesco, he, - he's somebody else. He's the devil in hisself. Uh, nothing satisfies him - he can't be happy. Nothing you do for him makes him happy."

I agree with kevan about Match Point- definitely underrated among Woody Allen films. Anyone remember Being Human? That would be my pick for "Robin Williams films". I also thought The Visitor was one of the best films of 2008, but I don't think I was alone in that opinion.

I agree with kevan about Match Point- definitely underrated among Woody Allen films. Anyone remember Being Human? That would be my pick for "Robin Williams films". I also thought The Visitor was one of the best films of 2008, but I don't think I was alone in that opinion.

While probably not technically underrated, The Visitor certainly deserved more attention than it got. The lead role, who is that guy - richard something...? He's been in everything, this was his first leading role.... (im gonna look).. Richard Jenkins! He was very good.