Wow. Just wow.

If you hate the Beatles, don't bother going to see Sir Paul. I thought Wilco's show last month was an exhausting, epic performance, but to see a legend like Paul knock out classic after classic was absolutely incredible. And the guy is funny, too! I had never seen any of the Beatles live, and this was a gift.

Highlights: All My Loving, The Long And Winding Road, I’m Looking Through You, Two Of Us, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Something, Back In The U.S.S.R., I’ve Got A Feeling, Paperback Writer, A Day In The Life>Give Peace A Chance(!), Let It Be, and Hey Jude. And that's all before the encores, which included Day Tripper, Lady Madonna, Helter Skelter, Yesterday, and Get Back. Oh, and he did a few songs by some band he had called the Wings...? :lol

Amazing, amazing show.

26251_1320968036600_1602784626_30783360_5067333_n.jpg

26251_1320968796619_1602784626_30783368_7426552_n.jpg

26251_1320969756643_1602784626_30783378_1494595_n.jpg

26251_1320970156653_1602784626_30783383_2433847_n.jpg

26251_1320971436685_1602784626_30783398_3269256_n.jpg

26251_1320971876696_1602784626_30783402_5517222_n.jpg

26251_1320973116727_1602784626_30783415_8210078_n.jpg

26251_1320973436735_1602784626_30783419_4346699_n.jpg

26251_1320974316757_1602784626_30783429_4768512_n.jpg

26251_1320974156753_1602784626_30783427_2992045_n.jpg

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I've heard some rumors that Paul might be playing Wrigley Field this September. If he's there, so am I. Can't pass up that chance.

Great show.

"Something" was incredible.

It's amazing that he's able to play 3 hours a night with almost no breaks at the age of 67. Hell, by the end of the show, I was exhausted.

I was too! I've always loved the classic Beatles tunes, and never thought I'd get a chance to hear them live like that. If he comes back anywhere near here again, I'm definitely going.

I saw him on 3/31 at the Hollywood Bowl. It was such an incredible show - if he announces dates near you, Go! The man is in amazing shape - musically speaking. He played for 3 hours and the whole thing sounded fantastic. His band is really talented and they sure know how to rock. All the old tunes are still in the original keys and Sir Paul's voice still sounds amazing.

The setlists are pretty much the same for each show, but some great surprises when I went included "And I Love Her" and "I've Just Seen A Face." Loved the Wings tunes. I hadn't really listened to the Firemen album much, but those songs actually rock pretty hard and I've since picked up that album. He played "Let Em In" and dedicated it to Linda - it was really a really heartfelt and honest performance. The tributes to John and George were really cool too. It's so interesting to listen to Sir Paul tell all his stories. He's really quite charming, humble/genuine, and very funny. It was so incredible to hear all the Beatles tunes live. "Helter Skelter" was crazy and had a cool video showing footage shot from the front of a moving rollercoaster. There was also a really ridiculous freak-out section in that song that really just rocked my face right off. "Let It Be" is one of my favorites and it was really awesome to hear the Man do it live. Also, Live and Let Die included some incredible pyro on the stage floor and fireworks shooting from the top of the Bowl - Very Awesome!!!

I can't say enough about this show. It was almost a week ago and I'm still feeling awesome from it. The only other show I have enjoyed as much as Sir Paul and The Firemen was when I saw Wilco last summer at the Wiltern.

We caught his tour of last year at Fenway Park, and it was one of the top three concert experiences of my life (last night at Lupo's made the list also!). Just AMAZING!! Band:great, setlist:great, Paul's voice:great, hearing those songs LIVE with that voice belting 'em out: PRICELESS!! I have this current tour on my Pollstar and Ticketmaster "alert list"... I'm going to at least one this Summer if humanly possible.

P.S. I bought the CD/DVD combo of the tour, and have watched it in it's entirety some seven or eight times... it's that good.

It's so interesting to listen to Sir Paul tell all his stories. He's really quite charming, humble/genuine, and very funny.

To me, this was one of the most amazing aspects of the show. I have never seen a legendary performer who seemed so humble and genuine, and who thanked the audience, over and over... bowing, raising his hands, giving us the peace sign. I knew he was great, but I had no idea he was that cool of a person. Including the times he said it off mike, he must have said "Thank you" at least twenty or thirty times. And the tributes to George and John were beyond moving and heartfelt. I especially loved how he works the crowd with "Let's hear it for John" and "Let's hear it for George." He doesn't have to do that, but he does. I have a whole new respect for the man, not only as a performer but as a human being.

Highlights: All My Loving, The Long And Winding Road, I’m Looking Through You, Two Of Us, Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Something, Back In The U.S.S.R., I’ve Got A Feeling, Paperback Writer, A Day In The Life>Give Peace A Chance(!), Let It Be, and Hey Jude. And that's all before the encores, which included Day Tripper, Lady Madonna, Helter Skelter, Yesterday, and Get Back. Oh, and he did a few songs by some band he had called the Wings...? :lol

Amazing, amazing show.

That's an amazing setlist. I saw him in 1993. I remember he opend with Drive My Car. I can't remember all that many specific songs* (aside from the obvious), but I remember the set was pretty heavy with Beatles and Wings songs.

I saw Ringo on his last go-round, too. He put on a fun show. He had Greg Lake, Sheila E., Ian Hunter and Howard Jones in his group. Very odd group of people, but they played great together. Seeing Ringo play a King Crimson song was pretty bizarre. Anyway, Ringo's touring this summer, and he's worth seeing.

Looks like he has Edgar Winter, Rick Derringer and some '80s guys this time:

http://www.ringostarr.com/newspage.php?id=71

*Found the setlist from Paul's 1993 show: http://gernhardt.com/macca/tour/nwt.html

That's an amazing setlist.

Here's the complete setlist, since I never did post it. If you count each song segment individually, it's an even longer set than the Wilco show I saw last month. Amazing.

Venus and Mars/Rock Show

Jet

All My Loving

Letting Go

Got To Get You Into My Life

Highway

Let Me Roll It (w/Foxy Lady postlude)

The Long and Winding Road

Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five

Let ‘Em In

My Love

I’m Looking Through You

Two Of Us

Blackbird

Here Today

Dance Tonight

Mrs. Vanderbilt

Eleanor Rigby

Something (George Harrison tribute)

Sing The Changes

Band On The Run

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Back In The U.S.S.R.

I’ve Got A Feeling

Paperback Writer

A Day In The Life>

Give Peace A Chance (John Lennon tribute)

Let It Be

Live and Let Die

Hey Jude

Encore 1:

Day Tripper

Lady Madonna

Get Back

Encore 2:

Yesterday

Helter Skelter

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise>

The End

• 2 years later...

I have to say, I have been listening to the new deluxe Ram album and disc 2 is worth the cost by itself. Rode all night is something I had never heard before and is just amazing.

I have to say, I have been listening to the new deluxe Ram album and disc 2 is worth the cost by itself. Rode all night is something I had never heard before and is just amazing.

I feel the same way about "A Love For You"...heard before this, but still can't fathom how it wasn't included on the original album...this whole package is just fantastic!

It was obvious during the closing Diamond Jubilee set outside Buck House that Maccas age is really starting to take its toll on his voice, but Live and Let Die was truly spectacular with the Royal backdrop.

Best bit of the night - The cameraman cutting to Prince Edward when a compere was making jokes about being a queen!

Another Wilco-fan saw Wilco several times in March ... and Sir Paul ...

Rotterdam, The Netherlands (March 24th):

Hello Goodbye/Junior’s Farm/All My Loving/Venus And Mars-Rockshow (part)-Jet/Drive My Car/Sing The Changes/The Night Before/ Let Me Roll It-Foxy Lady (instrumental part)/Paperback Writer/The Long And Winding Road/Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five/My Valentine/Maybe I’m Amazed/I’ve Just Seen A Face/ I Will/Blackbird/ Here Today/Dance Tonight/Mrs. Vandebilt/Eleanor Rigby/Ram On/ Something/Yellow Submarine (part)/Band On The Run//Back In The USSR/I’ve Got A Feeling/A Day in the Life-Give Peace a Chance (part)/Let It Be/ Live And Let Die/Hey Jude.

Encore 1: The Word-All You Need Is Love (part)/Day Tripper/Get Back.

Encore 2: Yesterday/Helter Skelter/Golden Slumbers-Carry That Weight-The End.

Glad to hear Paul is still doing great shows and even cooler to see he's mixing it up or at least it appears that way from the two setlists posted above. Junior's Farm? Rad! My Love, nice!

I saw Macca on the 1989 tour for Flowers In The Dirt and then again on the 1992 tour for Off The Ground. Those were the only times I've seen him and I was, of course, thrilled beyond belief to hear the Beatles tunes done so well with such good bands and arrangements and all that. I've skipped going to see him since then mostly due to high ticket prices. At this point, I'd be most exicted to hear a bunch of rare Wings or rare Beatles songs (I've Got A Feeling, Two Of Us, etc.)

I was, of course, thrilled beyond belief to hear the Beatles tunes done so well with such good bands and arrangements and all that. I've skipped going to see him since then mostly due to high ticket prices.

Ditto about the prices unfortunately. It also struck me the other night how even the two guitarists in his 'new' band now looked old. Time flies ...

I really got into that album in the last year. (Enough to make it my current avatar). The re-issue sounds amazing. I won the two disc set in a contest held by a Beatles podcast and uh "obtained" shall we say copies of the DVD, the mono Ram, and the re-mastered Thrillington so I have all of the music on the box.

--Mike

I always get fooled when someone revives an old thread because I forget to look at the date of the original post. I thought Macca was currently on tour somewhere! duh!