boston 4/6/10 in the roadcase

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this question..mad respect to whoever does it

I'm gonna re-record this Boston stream. It doesn't seem to have the dropouts that the original webcast had. Since all webcasts are lossy, however, any recording should be split and shared as mp3s. not lossless.

I'm gonna re-record this Boston stream. It doesn't seem to have the dropouts that the original webcast had. Since all webcasts are lossy, however, any recording should be split and shared as mp3s. not lossless.

:thumbup

awesome! :D I might try to record it via garage band tomorrow while in class

If anyone has made a new recording of the webcast of this show, without the dropouts in the beginning or funkiness, I'd love to grab it! I found another version floating around here, but it seems to be a little wonky. Thanks!

Please let us know where you put it and thanks. For some ungodly reason I cannot figure out how to stream it off of wilcoworld.net! Don't make sense. I uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled it and nothing. I love Flac but the files are too big.

That being said - I would love to hear some of the outings from this tour especially this nights setlist!

Thanks again - and if anyone has any tips on the stream in the meantime - I'm all ears...

cheers.gif

I just recorded the stream at 320kbs mp3 and am splitting it up in ProTools now. I'm gonna tag it label it all in iTunes then I'd be happy to post it. Where's a good spot to upload files?

nice! can't wait!

Happy listening, everyone. It's so terrific that not only do Wilco treat us to live webcasts, but they then share them again in the roadcase so that more people get to hear them. :worship to the hardworking people behind these gifts.

Those of you sharing these streams, please be sure to clearly mark that the source is a stream from the Roadcase, so as to clarify that it is a lesser-quality recording (Not, for example, high-quality mp3's such as the downloads to help Haiti that the band made available from the site.) Some listeners won't care, but others would want to know. Streaming, by its nature, is a more lossy format.

Enjoy the Boston webcast. Concord will be up later in the week, so anyone who had trouble with the connection the night of the webcast will still get a chance to hear this fantastic show! :cheers

Happy listening, everyone. It's so terrific that not only do Wilco treat us to live webcasts, but they then share them again in the roadcase so that more people get to hear them. :worship to the hardworking people behind these gifts.

Those of you sharing these streams, please be sure to clearly mark that the source is a stream from the Roadcase, so as to clarify that it is a lesser-quality recording (Not, for example, high-quality mp3's such as the downloads to help Haiti that the band made available from the site.) Some listeners won't care, but others would want to know. Streaming, by its nature, is a more lossy format.

Enjoy the Boston webcast. Concord will be up later in the week, so anyone who had trouble with the connection the night of the webcast will still get a chance to hear this fantastic show! :cheers

:thumbup

so the link might have to wait till the morning because uploading the 400MB file seems to be taking forever! But i'll let it go overnight and I'll post the link tomorrow morning.

What program did to use to record this? I'm curious, b/c i can only get recordings on my old pc. My newer laptop, for some reason, doesn't work with the programs that I've tried to use with it, and I'd like to find something that does.

Thanks

Happy that a kid from Dorchester (inner City Boston) who grew up listening to his Dad play Cash/Clancy's in fact a Clancy was married into our family but that is too far a digression,

So very Happy that my Hometown responded and Yes I was at the Orpheum w/ my Son

Glad you dropped this one on us boyos

See you in the Berkshires

Here's the link:

http://www.filesavr.com/wilco2010-04-06

let me know if anyone has trouble. I also put it up on my iDisk so if people are having trouble with this link, just PM me and I can send out a link to get the file from there.

The source info is in the comments section of each file (tagged in iTunes).

I used this program called WireTap. I think the newest version is kind of expensive (like $70) but it does a great job recording any audio from your computer. Then I chopped up the files in ProTools.