Post perfect pop songs here

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinosaur Jr. may seem like an odd choice for this thread, but this one is SO good.

I've thought about it quite a bit the past couple of years and I'm not sure I can think of a great band, who disbanded, reunited forever later and came out just as good, if not better on the other side. Those two records really are timeless and stand toe to toe with the 80's early 90's Dino Jr. classics. And man do they still have it live, and still loud as fuck.

I've thought about it quite a bit the past couple of years and I'm not sure I can think of a great band, who disbanded, reunited forever later and came out just as good, if not better on the other side. Those two records really are timeless and stand toe to toe with the 80's early 90's Dino Jr. classics. And man do they still have it live, and still loud as fuck.

Mission of Burma.

possibly Wire.

and depending on the next record, Polvo.

Mission of Burma.

possibly Wire.

and depending on the next record, Polvo.

I'll give you MOB, Wire, not so sure. One way or another rare company.

a few others that came up while I was thinking:

The Soft Boys (_Nextdoorland_ and _Side Three_ are clearly not up to _Underwater Moonlight_ or _Can of Bees_, but they are quite excellent nonetheless)

Versus (this year's _On The Ones and Threes_ is stellar)

Throbbing Gristle (haven't heard the new one, but _The Endless Not_ was definitely solid)

Savage Republic (not having Bruce Licher in the mix hurts, but _1938_ and the EP were good)