Now Playing: December, 2010

And is it all that?

I am probably the wrong person to ask as it's not the type of music I usually listen to. But having said that, it is actually quite good. Pretty clever musically and lyrically. Great cameo by Chris Rock on one song. I'm enjoying it more than I would have guessed.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l5747.jpg

l5747.jpg

I love this Proper Box set....

Meanwhile I am listening to RLP6070050.JPG

in beautiful mono and gazing at the cover and what Michigan Avenue looked like when I was 10 and long before I got here.

LouieB

And is it all that?

It's terrific, yeah. If possible, ignore the hype, because it's not the greatest album of all time or anything. I don't even think it's Kanye's or 2010's best. But it is pretty excellent, and doesn't sound like much else out there in commercial hip hop. Power is an especially amazing track.

I thought I had moved on from loving Kanye so much, but this has brought me back to all his records. For being one of one of the biggest pop stars in the world, having released five albums so far, completely different from each other, while retaining critical and commercial acclaim is a pretty commendable achievement.

Cover.jpg
333.jpg

I've been wanting to hear that one!!!!!!

It's pretty effin' great. Lots of fantastic lo-fi, raw gospel-soul and blues throughout. I bought it a few months back at my favourite music store for $16.99 (Canadian). Pretty good price considering this is a 3-CD set.