• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNAX615CD-DIGI.jpg

The 13th Floor Elevators - Headstone: The Contact Sessions

This this this.

Seeing him tomorrow. :dancing

gruff (and the super furry animals) and joanna newsom are the only 2 modern bands/people i want to see live that i haven't - i probably should go to a green man concert sometime as they both seem to play there.

this new gruff album is shaping up to be brilliant from the single and the samples i've heard. i know he does a lot of music every year, but i'd like to see him do a lot more - if for no other reason than so i can find it easier making a top ten in decemeber

I've seen the Furries twice. Good shows. This will be my first Gruff solo gig. Whole different world, but I'm beyond psyched. He's the best songwriter out there, in my opinion. And the solo stuff more than holds its own with the band catalogue.

I wouldn't rule out SFA LP10 towards the end of this year. He's done solo and full band albums in the same year before. Don't hold your breath or anything, but it's not too far fetched an idea. 2007 was Candylion vs. Hey Venus at the top of my end of year list.

i don't think the super furry animals have got too much life left in them. not in terms of being able to make great music, i just think they're going to find it hard keeping going with the money, i suppose it depends on how gruff's solo work goes down. i don't really know what their sales figures are like actually. it's not that they would completely break up, because they all like each other etc... it's just they might not make a band album for a long time. we'll wait and see.

album-Blue-Cheer-Vincebus-Eruptum.jpg Joe-Tex-Singles-As--Bs-Vo-501022.jpg

Umm, this is pretty good. Why are these guys not getting more attention?

Wish I knew. Really really love that album. If you look at their blog they give away a ton of things away and did a 52 songs in 52 weeks thing that was of remarkable quality. What I think I like most is that they sing about their friends with songs about Two Cow Garage and Roger Bryan and the Wolves.

no qualms about overpaying for their album and supporting this band.

some of the 52 (but really 35) songs are still up here:

http://www.adioslounge.com/2010/04/your-new-favorite-band-ghost-shirt.html

and Lance writes eloquently about the band,