photo-shot-art-large_1290562849363.jpg .... sly3dancetothemusic.jpg

Percy Sledge - The Atlantic Recordings

Sly & The Family Stone - Dance to the Music

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to check this one out.

It's pretty great. I bought it when Rhino Handmade was having their big sale in December.

NP:

266309-0090771514516-R-H.jpg

stand.jpg

GtrPlyr, do you like Gruff Rhys? Got nothing to do with all the Sly & The Family Stone listening, I'm just curious.

I'm a Super Furries fan but I haven't delved too much into Gruff's solo releases yet, though I do like what I've heard. I heard a track off the new one last week that sounded promising. I downloaded the album to check out, will give it a whirl later on. How does this new one stack up to his others by the way?

NP:

54177985.jpg

Robert Wilkins - The Original Rolling Stone

I'm a Super Furries fan but I haven't delved too much into Gruff's solo releases yet, though I do like what I've heard. I heard a track off the new one last week that sounded promising. I downloaded the album to check out, will give it a whirl later on. How does this new one stack up to his others by the way?

Very well. And all his solo releases are worth it. It's far too early to rank Hotel Shampoo among his already outstanding solo/band catalogue, but it's really impressive. Let me/us know what you think!

I think it's his best so far. Not that the song writing has improved massively, but the arrangements and production are really great. You should also check out Candylion, I think you'd like that too.

I think it's his best so far. Not that the song writing has improved massively, but the arrangements and production are really great. You should also check out Candylion, I think you'd like that too.

I listened to his new one the other day, some good songs and nice production on there for sure. Will definitely be giving it more spins. I'll have to backtrack and listen to his other ones too.

NP:

VanEttenSharon_Epic.jpg

Sharon Van Etten - Epic

clayton,+merry+-+merry+clayton+%28resized%29gdmac.jpg ..... Gil+Scott+Heron+I%27m+New+Here.jpg

Merry Clayton - Merry Clayton

Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here