• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41N13SFFXEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg ..... sc6169-300.jpg

Freddy King - The Very Best of Freddy King, Vol. 1

The Meters - Rejuvenation

3455912402_e8eaef62d7.jpg

I don't listen to a lot of rap, but I would think this album would have been heavily sampled by now (and maybe it has). Just about every song has the makings for a killer rap track, or break, or whatever they call it.

20100419-the-archandroid-album-cover-by-janelle-monae.jpeg
Teddy_Pendergrass-Teddy_Pendergrass_3.jpg

41JC3RIWRAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

At The Heart Of Love, Sensations In The Dark, If We Were Words, Christopher Columbus - this album is absolutely fantastic. Maybe some of his best ever songs right there!

Agreed! Fantastic album. I've read some people say it's almost too much of Gruff in his comfort zone (including Gruff himself) but these songs are too good for that to matter. And the album's a near perfect length.

Highlights for me are Columbus, Sensations, Honey, Words and Vitamin K. But there's nothing I don't love on there. He's already got the best catalogue of pop music around these days, and it's amazing that he keeps adding more to it.

Agreed! Fantastic album. I've read some people say it's almost too much of Gruff in his comfort zone (including Gruff himself) but these songs are too good for that to matter. And the album's a near perfect length.

Highlights for me are Columbus, Sensations, Honey, Words and Vitamin K. But there's nothing I don't love on there. He's already got the best catalogue of pop music around these days, and it's amazing that he keeps adding more to it.

i forgot Vitamin K - that's another highlight.

yeah, the songs are incredibly short, but that's a good thing - no pop song really needs to be over 3.30 minutes generally. the arrangements on every single song are fantastic, the production in general is perfect. i don't really think he's got a comfort zone, cos he can pretty much do any type of song anyway.

41GMMHA2KZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A great late-career reinvention for Nick. He makes a great torch singer and his wit plays just perfectly into this type of music.