Now Playing: February, 2011

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Those are two albums I've bought for the hell of it at thrift stores for $1 and ended up loving. I went through a French pop obsession s few years ago, and Polnereff was a favorite.

yeah, polnareff's definately one of my favourite french musicians, although to be fair i don't know that many. who else do you recommend? (ignoring gainsbourg, of course)

If you're looking for some good French music SP, I'd recommend Jacques Dutronc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQoWFTUqaU

RPM put out a great compilation not that long ago called "Et Moi Et Moi Et Moi: Jacques Dutronc 1966-1969" that's worth getting.

I also dig Françoise Hardy, Jacques Brel, and Johnny Hallyday's late 60s period.

Inspired by this thread, NP:

51k%2BxquFWLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If you're looking for some good French music SP, I'd recommend Jacques Dutronc:

RPM put out a great compilation not that long ago called "Et Moi Et Moi Et Moi: Jacques Dutronc 1966-1969" that's worth getting.

cheers for that, i've got some of francoise and the others, but not dutronc so i'll check that out.

Just arrived:

41J0RV4QW0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Brave Captain - Nothing Lives Long, He Sang, Only the Earth and the Mountains

First (second?) solo album from Martin Carr of the Boo Radleys. First listen. It ain't the Boos, but as it went on, I began digging it more and more. Might be a grower.

I bought an album by Claude Francois a while back. All really good, but this song especially.

I haven't found anymore of his stuff, but this CD (it's called Comme D'Habitude, and the title track is the original French version of My Way) I have is fantastic.

cheers, i'll check him out too. that video really put me off, but the music is cool. i checked out the album on amazon and i'll be getting it next pay check - it's funny working out the covers le martien is flowers in the rain by the move, and la plus belle chose du monde is massachusetts; there a others too i don't speak french so i can't work out the translation or if it has anything to do with the originals