Now Playing: March, 2011

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51v56FdFE2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It took a few listens, but this is starting to click for me.

thumbup.gif

i can understand the claims of it being "booooorrring" or "dull", but it's too gorgeous for me to think that myself. really hope they don't move his show here from the 225 capacity venue it's currently at, but i feel they will based on NY/Philly/Chi shows being moved.

thumbup.gif

i can understand the claims of it being "booooorrring" or "dull", but it's too gorgeous for me to think that myself. really hope they don't move his show here from the 225 capacity venue it's currently at, but i feel they will based on NY/Philly/Chi shows being moved.

If you don't give it your full attention, I can see how it could fall into that category. That was probably my problem initially. But it is definitely a rewarding listen if you focus on it.

NP:

51jHTH5RTXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

that Kurt Vile album is fabulous imo.

his vocals sound like Lou Reed meets Thurston Moore, not like those are exactly the most "in key" singers ever (plus, i'll take his vocals over the nasally whine of the RAA singer any day... (i do like them tho)

oh well. still my favorite album on the year, and easily the best of his 4 albums.

This album is actually starting to grow on me.. It's because my wife heard it and she absolutely loves it.. It's all I've heard around the house lately so it's growing on me.