Huge Earthquake in Japan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it ironic that the very same folks who were leading the fear-mongering last year in a previous thread about the theory of man-made global warming, or climate change, or whatever you guys are calling it now, are now accusing me of fear-mongering and being concerned about the real and probably the worst environmental disaster to hit our planet in our lifetimes. Where is the concern being shown by the global community who for years have preached about the theoretical end of the world scenarios of catastrophic climate change when a real threat to mankind is currently raging in all it's fury? Let's be consistent here people. I'd take your global warming any day over this...

Sparky, though I did make a zombie joke earlier I am concerned about nuclear power in general and this accident in particular. Not to the degree that you are, though.

As a fellow educator, I must say that I am disturbed by your bolding of the words 'theory', 'theoretical' and 'real'. In the context that you did this, I assume that you are saying that a theory isn't real and is lacking supportive evidence. If I am correct in my assumption, then Good God please resign your teaching post. If I am incorrect in my assumption, then I apologize and request that you explain what you did mean by the aforementioned bold type.

Thank you.

In science, a current theory is a theory that has no equally acceptable or more acceptable alternative theory.

There are many alternative scientific theories backed by evidence that the sun, water vapor, cloud cover, ocean temperatures, etc. have more impact on the earth's temperature than the minuscule percentage of man-made CO2 in our atmosphere. The earth gets warm and it gets cool but not on account of anything man is doing. It is a natural cycle that has gone on since time began. I figured an educated person like yourself would be aware of that. Most science teachers who work in my school believe that as well. I am not going to debate this with you here. How have those snow-less winters been going for you? I've got to run so I can type up my resignation. :lol

Just in case you think I'm making that up...

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

Scientists Continue to Debunk Fading “Consensus” in 2008 & 2009 & 2010

My link

In science, a current theory is a theory that has no equally acceptable or more acceptable alternative theory.

There are many alternative scientific theories backed by evidence that the sun, water vapor, cloud cover, ocean temperatures, etc. have more impact on the earth's temperature than the minuscule percentage of man-made CO2 in our atmosphere. The earth gets warm and it gets cool but not on account of anything man is doing. It is a natural cycle that has gone on since time began. I figured an educated person like yourself would be aware of that. Most science teachers who work in my school believe that as well. I am not going to debate this with you here. How have those snow-less winters been going for you? I've got to run so I can type up my resignation. :lol

Just in case you think I'm making that up...

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

Scientists Continue to Debunk Fading “Consensus” in 2008 & 2009 & 2010

My link

Sparky,

I live in Tampa, FL. The snowless winters have been snowless. They aren't going so well for me. I like snow. By mentioning those snowless winters, are you implying that weather and climate are the same? They aren't. How do you feel about the theories of gravity and evolutuion? I am sure that you can find 1000 scientists offering alternative theories. That doesn't mean that they aren't the accepted theories by the scientific community. Do the science teachers in your school wear tinfoil hats? I appreciate you typing your resignation. Anything that will help my profession gain more respect is appreciated. Oh, and I'm sure that you are going to debate this with me here. It's what you do.

Radiation risks from Fukushima 'no longer negligible'

The risks associated with iodine-131 contamination in Europe are no longer "negligible," according to CRIIRAD, a French research body on radioactivity. The NGO is advising pregnant women and infants against "risky behaviour," such as consuming fresh milk or vegetables with large leaves.

My link

Sparky,

I live in Tampa, FL. The snowless winters have been snowless. They aren't going so well for me. I like snow. By mentioning those snowless winters, are you implying that weather and climate are the same? They aren't. How do you feel about the theories of gravity and evolutuion? I am sure that you can find 1000 scientists offering alternative theories. That doesn't mean that they aren't the accepted theories by the scientific community. Do the science teachers in your school wear tinfoil hats? I appreciate you typing your resignation. Anything that will help my profession gain more respect is appreciated. Oh, and I'm sure that you are going to debate this with me here. It's what you do.

If I recall correctly, Sparky watched a documentary on Youtube that for him, pretty much blew his mind w/r/t climate change - since then, he's posted links from "scientists" that not only dispute man made global warming, climate change, etc, but also believe in like, chem-trails and other such nonsense.

Radiation risks from Fukushima 'no longer negligible'

The risks associated with iodine-131 contamination in Europe are no longer "negligible," according to CRIIRAD, a French research body on radioactivity. The NGO is advising pregnant women and infants against "risky behaviour," such as consuming fresh milk or vegetables with large leaves.

My link

Here's the report

Seriously, though - what is there to do? Only eat canned food from last year? Only drink really old bottled water? Panic?

No, I think we need to channel this outrage into demanding that first and foremost our nuclear reactors are safe; that no more new reactors are built; and that all of our energy money and effort be focused on ramping up truly clean energy sources like solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, wave, etc. There's no reason why every municipal building in the southwest (and in many other areas of the country) doesn't have a full array of solar panels on their roof.

All these articles about how bad the radiation is here in the US -- can you imagine what it would be like if a similar accident occurred on US soil? We need to prevent that from happening.

this, this, THIS!

Got radiation?

Japan Nuclear Radiation In Hawaii Milk 2033% Above Federal Drinking Water Limits

New EPA milk samples in Hawaii show radiation in milk at 800% above limits for C-134, 633% above limits for C-137 and 600% above EPA maximum for I-131 for a total of 2033%, or 20.33 times, above the federal drinking water limits.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/04/11/japan-nuclear-radiation-hawaii-milk-2033-percent-federal-drinking-water-limits-16130/

Nuclear expert Fuksushima 1000 Time Worse Than Engineers Ever Anticipated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GsO95aZ22E&feature=player_embedded

Where is America's nuclear waste?

Americans pay billions to store nuclear waste in Nevada, but it's not there

Link:

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=14584

Hey, they might begin to stop the current radiation leak by then. Things are looking up...

9 More Months Of Radioactive Fallout Before TEPCO Begins To Stop Leak

Are you ready for 6 to 9 more months of Japan nuclear fallout blowing over the United States before TEPCO even tries to stop the radioactivity from leaking from the Fukushima nuclear power plant?

My link

Philadelphia's water has the highest levels of radiation. EPA, nothing to worry about...

Radiation 20 TIMES higher in Air,water & 14 states drinking water while EPA raises "normal" levels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgupMRj_4vk&feature=player_embedded#at=56

But how can one be sure that the radiation found in somewhat minute particles in North America can be attributed to the Japanese disaster. We have many nuclear plants on this side of the ocean as well... was any testing done here before the troubles in Japan?

FUKUSHIMA = 2,000 Atomic Bombs

Killer Contamination Spreads Worldwide Without Opposition

For now, we all wait and try to avoid the 10 radioactive particles set free for each of us on Earth, from Fukushima’s triggered stationary nuclear weapons. Feel free to figure out how to dodge lethal, airborne particles you can’t see.

So far, the Fukushima disaster for Planet Earth is by no means resolved. The Powers That Be at TEPCO (the Tokyo Electric Power Company) and General Electric, makers of the reactors that created this killer, worldwide, invisible mist, say that they might get a handle on the situation in “six to nine months.[1]”

The seven billion people on Earth don’t have “six to nine months.” Every single day that goes by the radioactive Fukushima Volcano slaughters more of us – silently with deadly radiation now or, years from now, with the inevitable cancer pandemic that will follow.

The ten thousand trillion counts[2] of radiation gushing forth per hour bring mortal illness to many of us. Aye, maybe even for most of us our own deaths are written on the Fukushima Radioactive Volcano Wind.

Make no mistake about it. Many of us will die from the Fukushima Nuclear Weapon. Go ahead; try to read the wind. You must have a Radiation Monitor to even start. A good one costs $400.00. The price excludes most of us.

Link:

My link

Dr. Steven Wing And Arnie Gundersen Discuss Global Radiation Exposure and Consequences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXKGceDlR4&feature=player_embedded

Based on the most recent show added to wilcoworld, the guys ain't 'fraid of a lil' bit o radiation...

Not a little, a lot...

Radiation Readings in Fukushima Reactor Rise to Highest Since Crisis Began

Radiation readings at Japan’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi station rose to the highest since an earthquake and tsunami knocked out cooling systems, impeding efforts to contain the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl.

My link

I've actually backed off recently. But, mainly for education and information purposes. I'm sure you are aware six nuclear power plants are spewing radiation either into the atmosphere or into the ocean, or both, since March and nothing has been done to curtail it? If so, that's good. If not, now you know. Doesn't that concern you? I've read no articles or seen no reports where this is considered a good thing, excluding Anne Coulter, and I'm sure you all love her viewpoints. We seem to get all bent out of shape over what the new Wilco album is going to sound like but this gets no reaction but cynicism and ridicule. Use the information as you wish. This is going to be the worst environmental disaster in our lifetimes, if it isn't already, and most want to ignore it or make light of it despite the fact that the Japanese will not even begin to start the process of stopping the leaks for another nine months if that. If folks here wish me to stop, I will. I don't really need the abuse. I actually am surprised that few here, who are so concerned with most other issues, seem to care less about this one. I can understand folks want to put it out of their minds and go on with their lives like nothing is wrong, but some might want to know, especially those on the West Coast and those with young children. I have no desire to get into a pissing match with any of you about this. There are plenty of other places to get the facts and to discuss this rationally with people. Maybe a music forum isn't the place to discuss it. If this is the case, I'll cease and desist. Remember, no one is forcing you to read the posts in the thread.

I think the problem many have with your posts and links is that you seem to seek out the most frightening and pessimistic articles about this tragedy and accept them at face value while discounting the rest. I am not sure why governments (other than Japan's trying to save face) and "mainstream" news agencies would want to lie to us about the dangers this poses. It will probably be the worst environmental disaster in history, at worst nuclear accident (and those are, probably the worst and most long-lasting kind). But reading your posts seem to give the impression that you believe this accident is apocalyptic.

Your theme seems to be to spread fear rather than balance information from a variety of points of view. I've got no problem with you continuing to post, but understand how I (and I assume a few others) are interpreting them.

Like I said, show me an article that says something good is going to come of this. Post it. I can handle it. I hope someone does. Wouldn't it be great to get some good news. Of course the government is going to tell you there is nothing to worry about. For the past two months many of their radiation monitoring posts have stopped working. How would you interpret that? A coincidence? The EPA response to the crisis was to raise the limits of allowable radiation in food and water supplies. Why's that? This stuff has already gotten into the food chain here in the United States. If that sounds bad, maybe it's because it is. What do you want me to say? Go out and consume strawberries and milk contaminated with cesium, uranium iodine and plutonium and not worry about it? I'm sorry if the news isn't good. It's going to get much worse especially if a few more earthquakes hit Japan. How about this, don't worry because maybe in nine months they may begin to stop the flow of radioactivity into the atmosphere and the ocean. I really don't understand why people don't seem to give a shit. I'm really kind of surprised that all I get is negative feedback here from usually bright and intelligent sounding people. There are precautions to take and if you are not aware of the extent of the problem you won't be inclined to take them. I'm sorry I feel so strongly about it. Like I said, maybe this isn't the forum to discuss this.

Like I said, show me an article that says something good is going to come of this. Post it. I can handle it.

i think this is quite different from what you posted:

you seem to seek out the most frightening and pessimistic articles about this tragedy and accept them at face value while discounting the rest.