You should organize a boycott of any Ted Nugent public appearances and cancel your NRA lifetime membership.

Already done.

Maybe we should move on, let's talk about how each presidential candidate treats dogs. Cause apparently that matters.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An editorial on CNN.com is far from being punished.

Look. You claimed there was no call for a boycott. I provided a link to an editorial calling for him being jailed.

Do you know why the left isn't riled by what he said? I'll tell you. It's quite simple... Obama is going to be re-elected by a landslide. That's why nobody on the left gives a fuck.

Wasn't there an entire independent film or mock doc sensationalizing an assassination on Bush? I may be wrong but I may be right.

Death of a President (2006), I have never seen this movie, this centers around the events after the assassination of GWB. It does not call for the assassination of GWB. And if Wikipedia is to be believed (and why not eh?) it paints a pretty bleak picture of the days and roles of government afterword.

Plus, when Death of a President was released, there was plenty of outrage from all corners. Even Hillary Clinton denounced it for being irresponsible.

Meanwhile, the US continues its' perpetual wars, your passport will soon be revoked if you owe the IRS any money, the US government debt is greater than, Greece, Portugal, Italy, Ireland and Spain combined, CISPA, which will destroy our internet freedom, is blowing through congress as we speak, the GSA and Secret Service are running wild, the dollar is on the verge of being replaced as the world's reserve currency, we are loosing a half million industrial jobs a year, the price of gasoline is continuing to rise, inflation, when using the old method of monitoring it is approaching 10% already this year, even more people are expected to go on food stamps and some form of government assistance, the NSA is stealing your personal information and listening in on your cellphone conversations, you can now be strip searched for jaywalking, etc., etc., and all the talk is about is Ted Nugent and dogs? Better wake up people...

Meanwhile, the US continues its' perpetual wars, your passport will soon be revoked if you owe the IRS any money, the US government debt is greater than, Greece, Portugal, Italy, Ireland and Spain combined, CISPA, which will destroy our internet freedom, is blowing through congress as we speak, the GSA and Secret Service are running wild, the dollar is on the verge of being replaced as the world's reserve currency, we are loosing a half million industrial jobs a year, the price of gasoline is continuing to rise, inflation, when using the old method of monitoring it is approaching 10% already this year, even more people are expected to go on food stamps and some form of government assistance, the NSA is stealing your personal information and listening in on your cellphone conversations, you can now be strip searched for jaywalking, etc., etc., and all the talk is about is Ted Nugent and dogs? Better wake up people...

You ever feel like Cassandra?

Obama is going to win, but not by a landslide. Not even close.

So if all this shit is wrong as Sparky keeps saying, why does the opposition keep acting like the only thing wrong is Obama in the White House? Once again I refer to the article in the NY Times a few weeks back. The GOP could have gotten a decent compromise on the deficit and threw it all way. Fuck em.

LouieB

I hope more and more people start to think that way.

Most data seems to predict Obama with around 250 Electoral College votes and Romney around 190 or so. This means there about 100 Electoral votes up for grabs in states like Florida, Ohio, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina.

I don't think anyone with a brain thinks it is a done deal for Obama.

Tweedling, from your posts I am assuming you are Pro-Romney (or is it anti-Obama). Can you tell me, what are Romney's plans for the country? I mean apparently he is gonna end The Affordable-Care act (which constitutionally he would not be able to do.) but beyond that what is his plans for the country. All I hear from him is Obama is bad, but yet no ideas on how to improve the country. Seriously what is gonna do?

Obama is going to win, but not by a landslide. Not even close.

So if all this shit is wrong as Sparky keeps saying, why does the opposition keep acting like the only thing wrong is Obama in the White House? Once again I refer to the article in the NY Times a few weeks back. The GOP could have gotten a decent compromise on the deficit and threw it all way. Fuck em.

LouieB

As a registered Republican, I pretty much agree w/ this. The Grover Norquist people are NOT deficit hawks. They are interested only in protecting the assets of the wealthy. There is valid concern, IMO, for that. But don't be fooled. Many of them don't give a rat's ass about the deficit.

Since I mentioned Neil Steinberg earlier in the thread - I might as well post a link to his column from today.

He sat down with Dick Durbin (IL U.S. Senator)

It's Durbin's take on the Tea Party, Occupy Movement, and Democrat/Republican relations.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinberg/12067377-452/durbin-election-best-hope-for-reviving-government.html

I'm not exactly campaigning for Romney. And I don't necessarily think Obama is the Antichrist. I do not like the health care reform in it's 1,900+ pages of glory. Im no fan of the redistribution of wealth rhetoric. If you want to know Mitts plans for the country I'm sure he's got something on the Internet explaining something.

I don't like the healthcare reform either. I would have prefered single payer and a public option. What's the rights alternative to what we have? Only insurance for those who can get it and afford it?

edit-Perhaps the greatest irony of the whole reform is how the right hates the law, but he health care companies (the "free market") loves it.

LoueB

Health care companies love it because they are playing both sides of the fence. They have continued to aggressively deny surgeon and other HCP reimbursements while anxiously preparing for people to be required to pick up health insurance. Why wouldn't they love it?

I don't know what the right formula would be but I personally would have liked a smaller bill. Maybe approach it a little slower and not like we were solving the crisis in one big swoop. It bugs me to think of Pelosi saying things like, "we have to pass it so we can see what's in it." I do know I would have liked to see people have the option going across state lines for insurance. Forcing a good deal of competition between the insurance companies. That along with providing children (a child is not 20+ years old) and elderly with secure insurance.....