"He tried. You tried. It's OK to make a change."

This ad makes me chuckle. Never mentions Romney and is not near as nasty as campaign ads can get.

Really this ad is another in the same line that Romney has been repeating over and over again. "Look at me I am not Obama!" That is his entire campaign. "I am not Obama." Does he have any substantive ideas? I really haven't heard or seen one yet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really this ad is another in the same line that Romney has been repeating over and over again. "Look at me I am not Obama!" That is his entire campaign. "I am not Obama." Does he have any substantive ideas? I really haven't heard or seen one yet.

If you're really interested, I would imagine his website has all of his substantive ideas. I'm not sure why you would rely solely on campaign ads for the kind of information you seek.

On Obamas site you could win a trip to Chicago to celebrate his birthday!

Both sites look similar. Although I feel like Romneys message is somewhat the same as Obamas was 4 years ago....He is NOT the incumbent. Meh

Whats the difference really. Each candidate is going to say stupid stuff because they have to talk non-stop and everyone says stupid stuff when they talk. It was a bad idea to go to London and say stupid shit, but so it goes.

LouieB

Politics aside, Mitt's statements in London make me think he sounds like kind of a dick. Yeah, he's supposed to know when NOT to say what he's thinking. That's diplomacy, but it's also kind of just good manners.

Politics aside, Mitt's statements in London make me think he sounds like kind of a dick. Yeah, he's supposed to know when NOT to say what he's thinking. That's diplomacy, but it's also kind of just good manners.

Agreed.

I will never understand how somebody in the middle class can support a Republican candidate. My family is middle-middle class, I think. I saw during the Clinton years, that my parent's jobs were doing really well, my dad had steady (union) work, and we didn't have to struggle. 2 years into the Bush administration my dad was laid off of his job, and was unemployed for the majority of the year. My family started to struggle. Personally, I've always seen the Democrats to be more supportive of the working person... and they seem to want what's best for the country, and not just the elite, which, is who I think Romney panders too.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but there you go.

Agreed.

I will never understand how somebody in the middle class can support a Republican candidate. My family is middle-middle class, I think. I saw during the Clinton years, that my parent's jobs were doing really well, my dad had steady (union) work, and we didn't have to struggle. 2 years into the Bush administration my dad was laid off of his job, and was unemployed for the majority of the year. My family started to struggle. Personally, I've always seen the Democrats to be more supportive of the working person... and they seem to want what's best for the country, and not just the elite, which, is who I think Romney panders too.

The republicans have made a living on getting working people to vote against their interests.

Agreed.

perfectly stated. you think Mitt Romney gives a sh*t about anyone struggling?? He sees that as a personal shortcoming. They should have had more of their fathers money

you think Mitt Romney gives a sh*t about anyone struggling?? He sees that as a personal shortcoming. They should have had more of their fathers money

Once again you demonstrate expertise at knowing what other people think.

IRDB doesn't hypothesize what other people think, he tells us based upon little evidence at best. In the past few pages of this thread he's done it to me, Jules, and now the presumptive Republican candidate.

Mitt Romney's policies are clearly based upon the idea that if the rich pay less taxes and have more money they will help stimulate the economy. You certainly can argue that that's wrong and that it hurts the poor and creates bigger deficits. I would agree with much of that. But to say that Romney sees poverty or struggling as a sign of personal weakness is crazier than Obama seeing wealth as a personal shortcoming, which many right-wingers argue.

"The poor are just fine"

Mitt Romney

Does that mean he thinks that?

Jesus Christ, weren't we just complaining about how people took Obama's comments about small businesses out of context to completely misrepresent the point of what he was saying?

Yes, and it goes both ways. Romney misspoke, Obama misspoke. Just like LouieB pointed out about Romney's Olympic foot in the mouth, this will happen 100s of times before the election.

Precisely. It might be politically convenient for me to believe that Obama disregards the entrepreneurial spirit or that Romney disregards the plight of the poor, but do I really believe those things are true about either candidate? Of course not. Those things could only be true of cartoon characters, not the reality of these two men.

Yes, and it goes both ways. Romney misspoke, Obama misspoke. Just like LouieB pointed out about Romney's Olympic foot in the mouth, this will happen 100s of times before the election.

I am particularly getting drug about the out of context stuff, which includes Mitt's comments about the poor being okay (clearly this is a simplification regarding the safety nets in place for the poor). If we add up the mis-spoken comments Mitt is going to rack up a ton of them. He is clearly less articulate than Barack, who did misspeak and was taken out of context on the small business quote. There is a constistant weirdness about Mitts misstatments though like Barack not understanidng the Anglo-Saxon heritage stuff. That is just plain weird and does have some significant racist overtones.

And then there is going to Israel and acting like he is more of a friend to Israel even when his policy is identical to Obama's But to those Jews who think that Obama is anti-Israel because he isn't ready to support bombing Iran yet, they don't need any justification for hating Barack. They just hate him and will support Romney. I know a person or two like this. Obama is hardly unfriendly to Israel; but just having the middle name Hussein is enough for them. At some point what someone does or says makes no difference at all. Perception is everything.

LouieB