We REALLY need that new record...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe in this band.

Yeah, they are still an "event band" for me. I will go out of my way to set aside some strict headphone/no distraction time when this new album shows up.

Yeah, they are still an "event band" for me. I will go out of my way to set aside some strict headphone/no distraction time when this new album shows up.

Same here. That's what I do. Usually it's a few spins of the vinyl with no conversation, then headphones, all while having a copy in the car too. Total immersion.

Same here. That's what I do. Usually it's a few spins of the vinyl with no conversation, then headphones, all while having a copy in the car too. Total immersion.

If this is a double record/cd as has been rumored, it will take a month or so before I can fully absorb it.

If this is a double record/cd as has been rumored, it will take a month or so before I can fully absorb it.

Easily. I spend the most time with Wilco's new releases, more so than any other band. And then I suddenly find myself knowing the lyrics, hooks, intricacies, etc. by heart after a certain amount of time.

Guest Jules

How many hours per day are we talking?

How many hours per day are we talking?

1 hour, 23 minutes, 17 seconds

Its gonna be great.

LouieB

It may be. It may not be. But it will be something new and something to experience with anticipation.

At the worst...the absolute worst...it's a new collection of songs written by Jeff Tweedy. Holy crap, how exciting is that? Even if it's lesser Wilco, you know it's gonna have a lot of cool ideas, and hooks that virtually no one else can write. (The Album) is not a favorite, but there are moments that I find inspired in every song. Yeah, gotta be there Day 1 for the new one.

What I may NOT do this time is sample the advanced streamings. Kind of anti-climactic last time knowing the songs before I had the CD in my hand. I'd like to avoid that...but can I resist when the Via Chicago gang starts talking them up?

I'm weak. No chance.

At the worst...the absolute worst...it's a new collection of songs written by Jeff Tweedy. Holy crap, how exciting is that? Even if it's lesser Wilco, you know it's gonna have a lot of cool ideas, and hooks that virtually no one else can write. (The Album) is not a favorite, but there are moments that I find inspired in every song. Yeah, gotta be there Day 1 for the new one.

What I may NOT do this time is sample the advanced streamings. Kind of anti-climactic last time knowing the songs before I had the CD in my hand. I'd like to avoid that...but can I resist when the Via Chicago gang starts talking them up?

I'm weak. No chance.

We'll have people all over the streaming tracks. There'll be complaints about too much compression, crappy mixes and banal songs. It now comes with the territory around here.

Someone told me that they supposedly heard a new single on some local college radio station. Apparently the dj introduced it as a "new Wilco song". The person who relayed the message to me isn't a big wilco fan, so she wouldn't really be able to differentiate a new single from a WTA track. Has anyone else heard anything???

Guest Jules

We'll have people all over the streaming tracks. There'll be complaints about too much compression, crappy mixes and banal songs. It now comes with the territory around here.

Yes, having opinions comes with the territory.

Yes, having opinions comes with the territory.

Yep. It's the modern world.

• 3 weeks later...

from Wilco's Facebook status update just given around 5 pm:

Wilco is in Maine mastering the new record....for now we're saying "early Autumn" for a release date....album name TBA soonish...

from Wilco's Facebook status update just given around 5 pm:

Wilco is in Maine mastering the new record....for now we're saying "early Autumn" for a release date....album name TBA soonish...

That's good news. I think the "Get Well Soon, Everyone" title is pretty stupid. Hopefully they're rethinking that one.

That's good news. I think the "Get Well Soon, Everyone" title is pretty stupid. Hopefully they're rethinking that one.

It's really hard for me to get too worked up over an album title

so far I feel the album titles have done a pretty good job of representing the albums themselves. In fact most are actually featured in a song on the album.

Wilco (the album) was a pretty good fit for an album that felt like a summary of the band then a step forward.

so far I feel the album titles have done a pretty good job of representing the albums themselves. In fact most are actually featured in a song on the album.

Wilco (the album) was a pretty good fit for an album that felt like a summary of the band then a step forward.

Where does Being There fit as a representational title?

pretty much agree...the album feels like an afterthought. I havent listened to it in awhile, and I have no want to. In comparison I've probably listened to Sky Blue Sky just as much as their other albums...Y.H.F, being their most played for sure.

REALLY hope this new album delivers.....