We REALLY need that new record...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only there was a way to find out using a computer....

Bah ha ha!!!!!

I would say this is a fairly civil place compared to some portions of the interwebs. That said, it's rare to just have a conversation (here or elsewhere) where there is a respectable back and forth. I'd say this is pretty good for a band message board.

New record? Yeah...I'm looking forward to it. I don't think SBS or W(TA) are the letdowns that many here make them out to be, but that's what they think, and no one's right. The first 8 songs of SBS tie together quite nicely to me.

After hearing Jeff talk about, I'm even more pumped for it. It sounds like it may be the two best things about Wilco. I, too, look forward to the conversations when (if?) it's streamed. Heck, I'm just glad I can talk to other Wilco fans. I've tried, but haven't been able to convert any of my "real life" friends...

New record? Yeah...I'm looking forward to it. I don't think SBS or W(TA) are the letdowns that many here make them out to be, but that's what they think, and no one's right. The first 8 songs of SBS tie together quite nicely to me.

After hearing Jeff talk about, I'm even more pumped for it. It sounds like it may be the two best things about Wilco. I, too, look forward to the conversations when (if?) it's streamed. Heck, I'm just glad I can talk to other Wilco fans. I've tried, but haven't been able to convert any of my "real life" friends...

I really liked Sky Blue Sky, I never understood why people thought it was a such a let down. That album has some really solid songs, Impossible Germany is one of my top 5 favorite wilco songs. As for the converting friends thing I really completely understand, I only know 2 other Wilco fans in real life, one of those being a family member.

Perhaps we'll get to hear a new song or two with the full lineup during this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stream-live-performances-from-new-orleans-jazz-fest-2011-20110428

Not if Pat winds up in jail we won't.

A "rickroll" is basically some jack ass posting a YouTube link and saying...OMG NEW WILCO SONG....and it turns out to be a stupid cat video. It's called a Rick roll because originally everyone would link to a Rick Astley video.

In the At Ease boards (especially when a new album is about to break)..there is one on like every page. It sucks because when an actual link is legit you automatically think its fake due to the overwhelming amount of morons posting fake links.

Just another reason the internet sucks.

A "rickroll" is basically some jack ass posting a YouTube link and saying...OMG NEW WILCO SONG....and it turns out to be a stupid cat video. It's called a Rick roll because originally everyone would link to a Rick Astley video.

In the At Ease boards (especially when a new album is about to break)..there is one on like every page. It sucks because when an actual link is legit you automatically think its fake due to the overwhelming amount of morons posting fake links.

Just another reason the internet sucks.

The internet sucks because of some stupid people on a message board?

The internet sucks because of some stupid people on a message board?

yes. The internet represents the very best and the very worst of society. The morons tend to overshadow everything.

Shouldn't it be called a "rickastley" then?

I didn't come up with the name. It's been an internet "meme" for like 10 years now..

i have to be honest...i had to look up what a rickroll is.

this is the primary (and most times, only) board i read, so maybe it's a good thing i've never been rickrolled? i think that's a compliment to this community.

i have to be honest...i had to look up what a rickroll is.

this is the primary (and most times, only) board i read, so maybe it's a good thing i've never been rickrolled? i think that's a compliment to this community.

I had to look it up as well and I thought I knew about all of the internet pranks.. Another one that will never die is; if there's a video of someone falling off a bike or even just tripping over or something, someone always asks "did he die?".

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anyone heard any of the new material from the upcoming album? I'm really excited. Tweedy is still funny: "It's obnoxious," Tweedy jokes. Lady Gaga's "Judas" obnoxious? "Well, it doesn't sound like Lady Gaga but it's our way of being obnoxious."

I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anyone heard any of the new material from the upcoming album? I'm really excited. Tweedy is still funny: "It's obnoxious," Tweedy jokes. Lady Gaga's "Judas" obnoxious? "Well, it doesn't sound like Lady Gaga but it's our way of being obnoxious."

There are a few tracks that have popped up in some of Jeff Tweedy's solo performances, "Born Alone" and "

." Recordings of the former have popped up; look for the threads on some of the Tweedy gigs.

I still believe in this band.

I used to believe in REM, but I haven't listened to anything from them since 1996.

I used to believe in Springsteen, but he is beginning to lose his luster.

I used to believe in U2, but the messianic rock star thing can be irksome.

Same here my friend.. Wilco's worst song is still better than 99% of the crap that is put out today... And that's not just a cop out..

WTA was an ok album.. My gut tells me their new album will be good.