5. Company in my back

6. I'll fight

7. War on war

8. ALTWYS

9. It's just that simple

10. What light

11. Can't stand it

12. New Song

13. Jesus etc (or as one man was yelling last night, Jesus Inc.)

14. Hummingbird

15. I Might (new song)

16. Box full of letters

17. Hate it Here

18. You never know (ft Liam Finn)

19. Born to die alone (new song)

20. Late greats

21. Heavy metal drummer

22. Passenger side

23. California stars (ft Sarah lee Guthrie)

24. Airline to heaven

25. Monday >

26. Outtasite (Outta Mind)

27. Hoodoo Voodoo (ft guitar tech on cowbell, who got applause for many minutes after show)

Only 2 repeats between the 2 shows, I might and Born to die alone. Tonights show was much more energetic, though banter was still kept to a minimum as rain before Syl Johnson's set once again forced wilco to start late. Born to die alone is definitely my favorite of the new songs we've heard so far, it sounded real good both nights. Very surprised to hear What Light, a pleasant surprise though.

Fantastic! I think the 2nd song may have been Black Sun, but don't hold me to it.

And is it possible that the other new song was Dawned On Me?

Overall, a real toss up as to which show was better. And really who cares about that anyways?! We were treated to what I expected: two back to back nights with little repeats. If I had more energy tonight and it never rained last night, tonight would have been the leader of the pack.

Setlist over 2 nights was very well selected. Thanks Jeff!

Back to new songs: I can't really recall much about the new songs. I know that I heard Jeff sing about the sun in the 2nd song of the night. It was uptempo. And the other song I don't recall. It was also an uptempo tune. Upon first listen a lot of the songs harken back to the sound of Summerteeth coming down the pike of the more recent albums. In other words, there wasn't "that" song played in the Zoran video. And that is not to say at all that anything was bad. It's just tough to remember after you heard 50 songs over 2 nights.

So how many new songs between the 2 shows?

I counted 6-7 new songs. Enjoyed every one of them. They are Wilco songs ( except the Nick Lowe I Love My Label). Over 50 songs over the 2 nights. I had been wondering how they were going to handle the 2 shows at the same festival. Two completely different set lists is always the way to go! Both were great, but last night to not be standing in the rain made for a better experience. And I think the band was a little more up last night, but not to take anything awaynfrom Friday. And kudos to the sound and lighting people, who don't get enough mention that I see, but deliver crystal clear sound in an open field and a light design and show that rivals CK5 in my level of enjoyment.

Thank you Wilco for another year of Solid Sound. Let's do it again!

Night one was incredible, night two just as incredible or even a little better. Combined it was all I could have ever asked for.

The sound was incredible and the performances sublime.

Thanks WILCO! :cheers

BTW, what the heck happened to the end of Hate it Here? Did they just wind it up real quick to get Liam on for the next song? Jeff made some comment about it, don't recall exactly what he said.

Friday Night - A Stormy Nels Fest

Saturday Night - A Breezy Love Fest

No repeats (cept "the single") was awesome. While either night not the best performances ever, Saturday night was the most fun I've had at a Wilco show since 2004 (June 8th - Irving Plaza - NYC to be exact). I was listening to that Irving Plaza show on my ride home and it felt very similar to Saturday night. Both amazing connections between the band and the fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Uep-c6gaw&feature=player_embedded#at=141

Pat, Pat, Pat!!!

20. Late greats

21. Heavy metal drummer

22. Passenger side

23. California stars (ft Sarah lee Guthrie)

24. Airline to heaven

25. Monday >

26. Outtasite (Outta Mind)

27. Hoodoo Voodoo (ft guitar tech on cowbell, who got applause for many minutes after show)

The encore set from night 2 of Solid Sound totally re-ignited my love for Wilco. I'd sort of felt my passion for the band fading... in a natural way, just sort of losing its intensity. And then, THIS! Specifically, Monday followed by Outtasite (after Red Eyed & Blue followed by I Got You on night 1)... this was a dream come true. All those songs from BT -- truly a wonder to witness. And of course, capping it all off, was Moustache Man, gyrating his way through the on-stage fog, playing that cowbell like it was what he was born to do. My love for Wilco burns once more!

It should also be noted that Pat took the solo on Box Full of Letters, always nice to see him take a good solo.

Indeed!

Moderator edit: Because Wilco doesn't allow taping of their live shows, Via Chicago doesn't allow direct links to videos.

Edit: Yes, I know this was posted on another thread, but I couldn't resist cross-posting it...

Edited by Preferred B