I guess this is a good place to upload this video of Nels and Mike Watt performing TV Eye in1999. My friend and I filmed it and I just came across a dusty DVD that I burned years ago.

Hixter, that's the best link I've seen on VC since like forever. cheers.gif Deserves it's own thread.

If you listen to when Jeff sings (what sounds to me like) the words 'brother' and 'mother' (around 2:23 and 2:30) there's something overdubbed there that sounds like a sample to me. Maybe they just did the sample as a sort of additional tribute?...to the Stooges' song to acknowledge its clear influence on the style/structure of I Might.

I guess this is a good place to upload this video of Nels and Mike Watt performing TV Eye in1999. My friend and I filmed it and I just came across a dusty DVD that I burned years ago.

Cool footage! Thanks for uploading. Maybe we'll actually see that Black Gang record that's in the can one of these days...:pirate

"You creep, how do you stop whispering? Thinking about you, ANYONE can play guitar."

after that it doesn't really work, except "prove yourself! I can't!"

edit: yes, I know these aren't Wilco songs, but the idea reminded me of it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kechefs

This song made a great impression on me at Solid Sound, and now I can't get enough of it! When I listen to it while drinking coffee in the morning, it makes my heart race. It's so damned infectious! Haven't heard that much feedback on the song itself from VCers. Y'all like it?

Love it, got the blue 7 inch and cannot stop listening to it!

This song made a great impression on me at Solid Sound, and now I can't get enough of it! When I listen to it while drinking coffee in the morning, it makes my heart race. It's so damned infectious! Haven't heard that much feedback on the song itself from VCers. Y'all like it?

I like it.. A lot.. And I think it's better than 95% of the material on WTA. The distorted bass and just overall rockingness of the song is great.. Really looking forward to that new record.

I really like the contrasts and back-and-forth between the fuzzed out bass and bouncy organ/bells. If this is any indication of how this record plays out I'll be pretty happy. The screaming guitar riff fits in just right. I think SBS was a bit of a Nelsgasm at times and that WTA really pulled back on some of that excellent guitar work (a bit too far, perhaps). Hoping it's peppered in to my liking on The Whole Love ;). Overall I think it's a great song! Not overly adventurous, but considering it's the first single released I'm assuming it's one of the more accessible tracks on the record. I've found myself playing it more often each day.