The more I listen to I Might

I was not overly impressed the first time I heard it. Now though, I listen to it all the time. I love it. There is so much going on in that song that it took me a few listens to process it. Its a fantastic song. Here is a great acoustic version of it...

It's such a layered song with so many subtle things going on in the background that it really benefits from repeated listens. Its definitely one I'm looking forward to seeing how it will be performed live. I also think its important to listen to it loud.

I have logged in to say that this song rules.

It also has a glockenspiel, so it's in compliance with the U.S. Indie Rock Code.

Seriously, it is a GOOD song.

It also has a glockenspiel, so it's in compliance with the U.S. Indie Rock Code.

What's this "U.S. Indie Rock Code"

BE074700.jpg?size=67&uid=2ca11328-1960-4335-adfc-8d30a113eefc

I just noticed that on the live versions from Solid Sound, he doesn't say that "get well soon" line just before "Everybody." I know the line is sort of muttered under his breath anyway, but I definitely don't hear those words on either night's performance.

I like the way he introduces it the second night by saying this is the only song they're going to repeat "if nothing else, just to beat it into your heads, cuz that's what you do when you put out a single. That's what the label told us to do."

What's this "U.S. Indie Rock Code"

BE074700.jpg?size=67&uid=2ca11328-1960-4335-adfc-8d30a113eefc

You know, when that dude said what he said about seeing the future of rock 'n' roll, I bet he didn't have a clue that what he was really talking about was the pervasiveness of the glockenspiel in today's music.

I just noticed that on the live versions from Solid Sound, he doesn't say that "get well soon" line just before "Everybody." I know the line is sort of muttered under his breath anyway, but I definitely don't hear those words on either night's performance.

I like the way he introduces it the second night by saying this is the only song they're going to repeat "if nothing else, just to beat it into your heads, cuz that's what you do when you put out a single. That's what the label told us to do."

aaaaah, Solid Sound. Two nights of Wilco, with I think only 2 songs repeated. Oh, sorry for the digression...I'll slap myself back to today....

The more I listen to it, I am struck by the groove. I am really beginning to be put off by the retro keyboard sounds.

So far, this is the leading candidate for Song of the Year in my book. You know as soon as that organ comes in that you're in for a good four minutes. Then the chorus harmonies breeze in halfway through and just blow your mind. Just an amazingly well-constructed tune. Can't wait to see it live this fall!

Guest Speed Racer

I'm a sucker for glock. This is a damn fine song.