The Whole Love -- Some Perspective

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer

Paying for Wilco is not the issue, feeling the need to defend listening to an album before it was released with proof of purchase is kind of strange to me in this modern era.

Paying for Wilco is not the issue, feeling the need to defend listening to an album before it was released with proof of purchase is kind of strange to me in this modern era.

Listening to a stream is not illegal. Ripping a copy of that stream is. So possibly the guilt brought on by having an illegal copy of an album is what prompts the defensive justifications?

Guest Speed Racer

I'm plenty relaxed. Saying you're defending it because downloading it is illegal would be like prefacing every "heard Wilco out and about post" with, "I heard it on WXRT when I was driving to Arby's (I wasn't speeding though)..." Just an observation.

Hmmmm 'The Whole Love' has just appeared on a 'budget priced' download site apparently at a bit rate of 320....

Ripped from the recent webstream?

A 320 transcode of the webstream is floating out there, everything on the web right now as far as I know originated with the web stream a leak of a promo copy hasn't happened yet.

--Mike

Oh please tell me you video'd this.

Also: perspective schmerpective, omg I love this album. It just keeps unfolding.

Sadly it was back in 2004, right before the smartphone era, and I am not sure if we could have taken a video camera inside of the Graceland mansion. They didn't give Rob Reiner permission to shoot the Spinal Tap scene on the actual grounds, they had to re-create the grave. While no video exists, there are a few pictures, I'll see if I can dig up and I have written about the trip extensively and it may appear in something, I'm hoping to publish soon.

This is my favorite scene in the movie. Everytime I see him tuning the violin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UJkl6eaGQ

I'm working on an article/blog/whatever about the 2011 resurgence of three of my favorites: tweedy, malkmus & thurston moore.....all three records blew me away, especially after being underwhelmed by all of them for quite a few years....guess i have to give beck some credit too for the latter two's records

Truth.

What is the legal position on that? Just yanking your chain (maybe not)

It is an interesting world where obsessive fandom has been criminalized.

This album has a metric ton of sonic beauty. I am well-pleased, very well-pleased. It's like a Wilco tent revival for me; faith, thou art restored.

I'm plenty relaxed. Saying you're defending it because downloading it is illegal would be like prefacing every "heard Wilco out and about post" with, "I heard it on WXRT when I was driving to Arby's (I wasn't speeding though)..." Just an observation.

No, it would be like saying "I heard it on WXRT when I was driving to Arby's (I was speeding, but I was really hungry and don't plan on speeding again)..."