Wilco - 9/23/11 - Central Park Summerstage

Any chance tonight's show gets postponed and/or cancelled? Forecast is calling for pretty heavy rain right through the time of the show.

I've had strep throat all week, missed 3 days of work, and am having a tough time justifying standing in the rain tonight (especially after Solid Sound, even though that was certainly worth it). I'm terribly upset about having to miss this show...especially since I've had most of the new album running through my mind these past few weeks...

What does everybody think?

It's killing me right now, but I'm bailing on this show. First time since high school that I've had tickets to a show and am not going (and that was because my Dad wouldn't let me go see The Black Crowes on a Sunday night after having seen Tom Petty the night before...school night - he paid my $10 for the ticket and my 3 friends went without me). Have fun everybody - do your best to stay dry and be safe!

For those of you who want to follow the show while staying dry, i'll again be live-tweeting the underwater show tonight from @subtle_sounds. Part of me is looking forward to another Rain-infused Wilco show, a la the first night of Solid Sound this year which was a heck of a lot of fun. It could get pretty miserable out there though...

sorry folks are bailing on the show. solid sound might have been wet but the music was great. i think the boys will put on an extra long solid set tonight given the sorry state of the weather. got my poncho and looking forward to it as i expect close to 10 songs to be played tonight not played last night. love the back to back shows in the same venue for that reason. at least they have fake grass carpet so should not be a mud fest.

For those of you who want to follow the show while staying dry, i'll again be live-tweeting the underwater show tonight from @subtle_sounds. Part of me is looking forward to another Rain-infused Wilco show, a la the first night of Solid Sound this year which was a heck of a lot of fun. It could get pretty miserable out there though...

Too bad you don't send em in here in groups of 3 or 4 we could have a discussion set watch thread or not..

Either way If I was in NY id be wearing Rain Gear. It seems like I would have a Great Spot (based on above)

Too bad you don't send em in here in groups of 3 or 4 we could have a discussion set watch thread or not..

Either way If I was in NY id be wearing Rain Gear. It seems like I would have a Great Spot (based on above)

I would do that, but the internet at the venue was pretty dodgy last night, it was enough of a chore to get my twitter app to work consistently on my phone

JAK -- thanks for tweeting updates during the show. I'm also in the boat of having tickets for this but deciding to dodge it . . . Traveling from central CT, and the idea of being a soaking mess on the Metro North train ride home at one in the morning sealed the deal. Maybe if I was 22 . . . dad rock indeed.

Thanks to JAK2112's Twitter feed we can now know that they opened the set with One Sunday Morning at about 7:02p.m.

The picture on his other tweet doesn't show too much rain coming down. EDIT: The Yankees/Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium has been postponed, so it must still be raining pretty good in that general area. So much for watching the game and taking tweet breaks.

Edit: Maybe I'll just use this space to post the setlist in real time from his tweets, instead of adding 20 plus posts on here.

So.....

One Sunday Morning (Song For Jane Smiley's Boyfriend)

Art Of Almost

I Might

Poor Places

Bull Black Nova

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Pot Kettle Black

Impossible Germany

Black Moon

California Stars

Born Alone

Handshake Drugs

Heavy Metal Drummer

Whole Love

Standing O

Passenger Side

Dawned On Me

A Shot In The Arm

------encore-------

Misunderstood

Jesus, Etc.

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Red-Eyed & Blue

I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

Show is over at 9:10 which is when they came on in Boston.

One Sunday Morning (Song For Jane Smiley's Boyfriend)

Art Of Almost

I Might

Poor Places

Bull Black Nova

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Pot Kettle Black

Impossible Germany

Not that's a Strong Start!!

Thanks to JAK2112 and U2ROOLZ for Tweeting/Posting

Hope they continue to mix it up and the rain falls softly if at all

Not that's a Strong Start!!

Thanks to JAK2112 and U2ROOLZ for Tweeting/Posting

Hope they continue to mix it up and the rain falls softly if at all

No problem. It's kind of cool cleaning my room and making a playlist to go along with tonight's setlist. I guess I'm still in withdrawal.

Completely loving the setlist tonight. Poor Places into Bull Black Nova must have been amazing. Also, that's the 1st time in awhile that Heavy Metal Drummer made an appearance.

Excellent show. Much different crowd than last nite--which I think musically was a bit better.

No complaints--can't wait for Wilco or Tweedy solo back in NYC.

And the rain really wasn't that bad. Great idea to start a bit earlier.

WIlco

Friday, September 23, 2011

Rumsey Playfield – Central Park

New York, NY

Set: One Sunday Morning (Song for Jane Smiley’s Boyfriend), Art of Almost, I Might, Poor Places, Bull Black Nova, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, Pot Kettle Black, Impossible Germany, Black Moon, California Stars, Born Alone, Handshake Drugs, Heavy Metal Drummer, Whole Love, Standing O, Passenger Side, Dawned on Me, A Shot in the Arm

Encore: Misunderstood, Jesus, Etc., Walken, I’m The Man Who Loves You, Red Eyed and Blue > I Got You

Sam L.

the rain was nil for most of the set....only downsidee were the $&@"holes w/ the umbrellas up....buy some raingear people

I can't imagine being a fan of this band at the top of their game & missing this show cuz of a little rain, but maybe I'm the crazy one....just sad my mini-3-day run is FINA

highlights: poor places, funky funky pot kettle

black, Cali stars, super sing-a-log passenger side & again ALL the new tunes.... Not a fan of standing o on the album but live it's a hoot

Excellent show. Much different crowd than last nite--which I think musically was a bit better.

No complaints--can't wait for Wilco or Tweedy solo back in NYC.

And the rain really wasn't that bad. Great idea to start a bit earlier.

Sam L.

Absolutely. The crowd on the first night sucked. There were a lot of assholes talking way too much during the quieter songs.

I was at the show last night as well.

I arrived at 7:30 and missed the first three songs since I don't facebook or tweet

I too was bummed that they ended early.

But when they played it was good. The sound was turned down, but it wasn't bad at all.

Short, decent show. Oh and it poured. Perhaps they had couldn't use part of the sound system due to the rain. Some of the lights were definitely not being used.

Its the venue-shows just don't seem to go off well.