The American Radiohead

Personally, I don't care much for Radiohead (i know that's not a popular opinion)

I do however love Wilco, mainly I think because I'm drawn into songs often by lyrics. Great lyrics can make simple songs really stand out, but great music can't make up for weak lyrics in my mind. That said, while musically radiohead is fantastic, there's nothing about their lyrics that stand out to me.

I love both bands. A combined ranking of their albums would look like this:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

OK Computer

Kid A

A Ghost is Born

Being There

In Rainbows

Summerteeth

Amnesiac

The Bends

The Whole Love

The King of Limbs

A.M.

Wilco (the album)

Hail to the Thief

Sky Blue Sky

Pablo Honey

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

OK Computer

Kid A

A Ghost is Born

Being There

In Rainbows

Summerteeth

Amnesiac

The Bends

The Whole Love

The King of Limbs

A.M.

Wilco (the album)

Hail to the Thief

Sky Blue Sky

Pablo Honey

Nice work. For my Radiohead tastes, I'd go OK >> Bends >> Kid A as my top 3 for them.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

OK Computer

Kid A

A Ghost is Born

Being There

In Rainbows

Summerteeth

Amnesiac

The Bends

The Whole Love

The King of Limbs

A.M.

Wilco (the album)

Hail to the Thief

Sky Blue Sky

Pablo Honey

You really aren't impressed with THE WHOLE LOVE, are you?

Nice work. For my Radiohead tastes, I'd go OK >> Bends >> Kid A as my top 3 for them.

The Bends is the one album of theirs that hasn't aged well for me. Still a lot of classic songs that I love, but I find myself mainly wanting to listen to almost everything since then.

I'm a pretty big Radiohead fan, but these days the only album of theirs that I think stands a chance against Wilco's elite three (BT-YHF, obviously) is In Rainbows.

Don't discount THE BENDS...that is an absolutely stunning record.

You really aren't impressed with THE WHOLE LOVE, are you?

I've only been listening to The Whole Love for a couple of weeks. The nine albums preceding it on that list are all absolute favorites of mine. I'll need more time with an album before it starts to crack into that upper echelon. Same goes for The King of Limbs.

Don't discount THE BENDS...that is an absolutely stunning record.

It was my favorite Radiohead album 'till I (very recently) realized that In Rainbows is everything good about them in 43 filler-less minutes. The Bends is still great though.

To be perfectly honest, I could take Rainbows, Bends and Computer, then half of HTTT and call it a day on the entire Radiohead front.

Kind of dismissive of The Whole Love.

I know. Referring to it as 'classic rock,' 'accessible,' and 'comfort food' kinda bothered me. I mean, the first time I listened to it I thought, hmm, this needs to be 'poured over.' Whereas this guy reserves such time and attention only for the 'subliminal melodies' found on King of Limbs. Not knocking King of Limbs, but if you ask me, The Whole Love requires every bit as much of the listener.

The good thing about this article for me was it wasn't really comparing the two bands musically, which drives me crazy. I just don't hear it and never have. I agree with Jeff, it's just something people say who aren't really familiar with either bands work.

This.

Most definitely this.

“If anybody wanted to model themselves after us, they better be fucking be patient”

Better be fucking be? Either Jeff is losing it or it's another example of lazy, sloppy editing..

The devolution of The Newspaper Industry (and any print type media) into the 21st Century version(s) of Buggy Whip manufacturers has led to a LOT of short cuts, cutbacks and decline in quality.

Not really sure if there is any standard editorial control for online 'magazines'.